Jan 08 2013
By: GameGal123 Lombax Warrior 116 posts

My PS3 slim's blu-ray player is broken.Help?

2 replies 94 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

Okay,so I've had my PS3 for about 3 and a half years and last year it started going berserk.It seems to dislike reading blu-ray movies.The first time it wouldn't read them was last year and it's still having problems.Almost every time I put a blu-ray movie in the disc keeps spinning and it makes some clicking noises and then it sounds like it's fixing to be read but then it stops and makes a noise like it's going to be ejected but it doesn't come out.SOMETIMES(and I do mean sometimes)it does read them,but that's mostly after I've taken the disc out about 8 times and then I put it back in and it miraculously loads up.

And a few months ago it had the same problem loading up Uncharted 3.I thought it only happened with movies but I was wrong.That's the only game I had that trouble with though.

So,I want to know if there's something that can be done to save the blu-ray player.Or am I just screwed?lol

Message 1 of 3 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32982 posts

Re: My PS3 slim's blu-ray player is broken.Help?

Jan 8, 2013

GameGal123 wrote:

Okay,so I've had my PS3 for about 3 and a half years and last year it started going berserk.It seems to dislike reading blu-ray movies.The first time it wouldn't read them was last year and it's still having problems.Almost every time I put a blu-ray movie in the disc keeps spinning and it makes some clicking noises and then it sounds like it's fixing to be read but then it stops and makes a noise like it's going to be ejected but it doesn't come out.SOMETIMES(and I do mean sometimes)it does read them,but that's mostly after I've taken the disc out about 8 times and then I put it back in and it miraculously loads up.

And a few months ago it had the same problem loading up Uncharted 3.I thought it only happened with movies but I was wrong.That's the only game I had that trouble with though.

So,I want to know if there's something that can be done to save the blu-ray player.Or am I just screwed?lol

This lol.

Sorry but yea, it'll need replacing, some people have done it themselves others, most actually, send them off for repair.

Message 2 of 3 (89 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: My PS3 slim's blu-ray player is broken.Help?

Jan 8, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

GameGal123 wrote:

This lol.

Sorry but yea, it'll need replacing, some people have done it themselves others, most actually, send them off for repair.

I kinda figured as much.If I were to send it to be repaired,who should I send it to?And if I did get it fixed would there be a chance that things that are on my system might be erased?Also,how much would it cost?Sorry for all the questions.lol

Message 3 of 3 (86 Views)
0 Likes