Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: Helios4 First Son 1 posts

My PS3 makes my Directv lose signal when I unplug it.

1 replies 55 views Edited Dec 18, 2012
Like the title says, if I unplug the hdmi or power cable, all the directv receivers lose signal and error 771a pops up. Put them back in and it's right as rain. Now I replaced the hdmi with regular av cables (y/w/r) and it does the same with them. It's like the ps3 has created a circuit and I can't break it. Directv told me they can't help me, it's my problem (no, seriously). Someone please help.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Re: My PS3 makes my Directv lose signal when I unplug it.

Dec 18, 2012

You can change the input and output mapping on most equipment to be anything you want, provided you have the requisite skill to do so.  

Your goals?  Probably to get new (not old) equipment that can handle your upgraded inputs.  What I'm saying is, DirecTV might have an upgraded DirecTV box for you.  But you won't get anything like that upgraded unless you request it.

Moral of the story?  Don't let old, broken, ugly or cheap equipment keep you down.  Prioritize and you will still be gaming, online, when others fall behind.  Progress can be made, you just have to know what's important and what really isn't.

Let us know if you ever get a green light to upgrade your DirecTV box.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)
0 Likes