Nov 25 2012
By: thisnamestoolong First Son 1 posts

Major trouble with Netflix

4 replies 186 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

I have been using Netflix with no issues on my PS3 regularly for about 18 months now. For the past month or so, whenever I try to watch Netflix on my PS3, I can play video for maybe 5 minutes at a time before it starts stuttering, as in playing 1 second, freezing for 3-5 seconds, playing 1 second. It doesn't correct itself on its own, but will work again (for about 5 minutes) if I stop the video and play it again. Hulu and Amazon Prime both work fine on the PS3, and Netflix works flawlessly on my wife's iPhone, my Galaxy S3, both of our laptops, and my desktop. As the PS3 is the only one of those devices connected directly to the router via ethernet, it should perform the best. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 5 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Major trouble with Netflix

Dec 2, 2012

I am having the same problem.  I've been on the phone w/ Netflix, and gone through a few different fixes, and none have worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 2 of 5 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I have a new ps3 slim, and it will not work with Netflix, Youtube or the playstation store reliably. Stuttering, hangups and crashes.

Sony support keps sending me the same three responeses about port forwarding. I put the damned thing on a  static IP and the DMZ (all ports open), and restored the system  file. It worked well for one day, then it all happened again. Every time I check the system file, it says it is corrupted.

I get three beep crashes with green light on. I returned the unti and got another one, same problem. I never had any issues with my old Ps3 until it died after 5 years of heavy use.

Sony support insists that my probelm is my ISP. I get 6mbps download, I can stream HD to any computer , even wirelessly without a single hiccup.

I think there is a major design problem with the ps3 slims, and the PSN, and Sony is denying this.

Message 3 of 5 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I have the exact same problem. Netflix randomly stutters when playing videos. Only way to make it stop is to exit out of the video and start it again. Doesnt appear to be my internet or network. Seems to be the PS3. I have given up hope and bought a Roku Box.

I tried the following

Switched to Google DNS

Moved PS3 over to a wireless N bridge

Port Forwarding

DMZ

Replacing hard drive

Calling netflix 5+ times

O and I have a 25Mb connection.

Please let me know if you guys figure something out. Seemed to start around Sep/Oct.

Message 4 of 5 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Yeah, my problems started at the same time.  I've got my PS3 on a wired connection to cable modem, so speed is not the issue.  I've called multiple times to Netflix as well, tried all of their fixes, and still no luck.  Tried switching over to Wi-Fi, didn't work.  The only things I haven't tried yet are replacing the HDMI cable, and replacing the internet cable.  I'm really reluctant to do those, as that means I will spend money on this, without knowing they will work.  

Message 5 of 5 (126 Views)
0 Likes