Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2013
By: SeniorTommy First Son 6 posts

MY 6 DAY OLD PS3 SUPER SLIM WON'T PLAY GAMES!

[ Edited ]
4 replies 821 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

this morning i was playing Uncharted 3 and it froze. i restarted and click on the uncharted 3 gaming icon to play it and the ps3 made this weird noise. Its the only game i have so i can't try other games D:<. it sort of like clicks and then a vrooming noise like its reading the discs then makes more clicking noises and goes on forever. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! (ps. i've tried methods they'd used on youtube but they were for ps3 slim and they didn't work) its the new super slim model. It's only been out of the box since the day after christmas which was like 6 days ago...

Message 1 of 5 (821 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

Re: MY 6 DAY OLD PS3 SUPER SLIM WON'T PLAY GAMES!

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

SeniorTommy wrote:

this morning i was playing Uncharted 3 and it froze. i restarted and click on the uncharted 3 gaming icon to play it and the ps3 made this weird noise. Its the only game i have so i can't try other games D:<. it sort of like clicks and then a vrooming noise like its reading the discs then makes more clicking noises and goes on forever. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!! (ps. i've tried methods they'd used on youtube but they were for ps3 slim and they didn't work) its the new super slim model. It's only been out of the box since the day after christmas which was like 6 days ago...

Welcome to the PlayStation Communiy.

I would suggest returning it from where it was purchased for a refund or replacement.

Message 2 of 5 (797 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 2, 2013
u prolly need a new ps3 check out da warranty
Message 3 of 5 (772 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30320 posts

Jan 3, 2013

herbertken wrote:
u prolly need a new ps3 check out da warranty

It's 6 days old, warranty????

Return it, post haste.

Message 4 of 5 (758 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Jan 3, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:
Return it, post haste.

+1.  If it is a week old then you should be able to return it to any major retailer for a refund or exchange.  That is always the best option for you; although Sony would prefer that you go the warranty route, because that is the best option for Sony. You only use the warranty when it is too late to return it to the store.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (751 Views)
0 Likes