Jan 17 2013
By: BestinTheWorldx0 First Son 2 posts

Keep getting this error while trying to update to 4.31

3 replies 378 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

You guys probably seen enough of this, but I've been trying to update my PS3 because it won't let me see anything but this screen lately

*image is not mine but you get the point*

I looked up countless threads seeing if there was a fix, tried pretty much everything they tried. 

I keep getting 

"A serious error has occured contact techinical support for assistance (8002f281)"

I've tried options 3-5 on safe mode and still get this error from updating. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Re: Keep getting this error while trying to update to 4.31

Jan 17, 2013

if its telling you that then bite the bullet. id had a similar issue i JUST resolved by doing the same thing as what your screen is telling you. . yes i lost data.. but you know what? its  not like i can't do it again. and id had to restore from default settings to get anywhere. i'm currently rebuilding my library again. but its worth the rebuild because everything is going much smoother now. sometimes you just gotta do the nasty and rebuild from scratch.. factory reset scratch that is.. yes it sucks. but then again whats the online storage for? if you DON'T want to lose the data you worked your a$$ off for.. key point to remember guys is like laptops  and computers NOW our Playstations have advanced into the realm alongside the comps. maybe not a computer itself.. but it DOES  give off HEAT like any other electrical appliance and it goes through strain as much as a computer would. ( ive currently got my bedroom door closed and my window wide open to cool my room off sos my ps3 doesn't whine at me and get all choppy. and yes miraculously it seems to be working. so cooling methods are a MUST!!)

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (363 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I tried restoring it to defaults and restoring the PS3 files but I didn't get far. I ended up with the same error still. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes