Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 8, 2009

My 60 gb died over the weekend.

I did not play hours straight. I was 10 mins in playing online, then boom!

YLOD.

Alot of 60gbs have died, and i demand answers!

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Sep 8, 2009
You can't blame JUST 3.00. Other PS3's died installing the other updates or just on their own. If anyone needs to be heard, it needs to be ALL YLOD victims and NOT just those who PS3 died after 3.00.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Sep 8, 2009

its obvious that firmwares can cause your system to brick.

Just nobody knows how to go about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
21 posts

Sep 8, 2009

cornagandarub wrote:
Its interesting that all the people claiming that their system broke created an account on the forums JUST to say 3.00 allegedly broke their system.

It is interesting- thank you for pointing it out.  Instead of assuming that we are all liars and whiners, think of it like this:  My PS3 works just fine for 18 months.  Then, one day I turn it on, update the firmware and it subsequently stops working.  I never needed or wanted to check these forums because my PS3 experience, until now, had been totally flawless.  I think there is a PS3 forum maybe other people are having the same problem, maybe they can help.  I check around the posts, see that there are others who had the same experience. So, I decide to spend some of the time I would have spent gaming trying to figure out how not to spend $150 to repair, or $300 to replace, a product that I enjoy a lot. 
Several other people have the same thing happen to their PS3, they see my post, sign up like I did, and add their name to the list of dead machines.  As the list gets longer Sony gets a better idea of how widespread the issue may be. 
Thanks again! 

To everyone else in my same position:
I sympathize.  Thanks for signing up, thanks for adding your name to the list.  And, pay no attention to the person behind cornagandarub's curtain, if it had happened to him he'd be posting his name here too. 

Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-08-2009 12:15 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Sep 8, 2009
Add my name to "The Wall of Dead" because after 3.00 my PS3 went straight to hell, I ended up getting YLOD during the middle of a game, it froze, then turned off, now every time I try to start up my PS3, it turns itself off, my PS3 is now considered "DECEASED". There goes my 80GB BC PS3.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Sep 8, 2009
sony does not read the forums just forum mods
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Sep 8, 2009

lastreptile wrote:

cornagandarub wrote:
Its interesting that all the people claiming that their system broke created an account on the forums JUST to say 3.00 allegedly broke their system.

It is interesting- thank you for pointing it out.  Instead of assuming that we are all liars and whiners, think of it like this:  My PS3 works just fine for 18 months.  Then, one day I turn it on, update the firmware and it subsequently stops working.  I never needed or wanted to check these forums because my PS3 experience, until now, had been totally flawless.  I think there is a PS3 forum maybe other people are having the same problem, maybe they can help.  I check around the posts, see that there are others who had the same experience. So, I decide to spend some of the time I would have spent gaming trying to figure out how not to spend $150 to repair, or $300 to replace, a product that I enjoy a lot. 
Several other people have the same thing happen to their PS3, they see my post, sign up like I did, and add their name to the list of dead machines.  As the list gets longer Sony gets a better idea of how widespread the issue may be. 
Thanks again! 

To everyone else in my same position:
I sympathize.  Thanks for signing up, thanks for adding your name to the list.  And, pay no attention to the person behind cornagandarub's curtain, if it had happened to him he'd be posting his name here too. 

Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-08-2009 12:15 AM

I'm, sorry, and complaining on the forums helps your situation how? You really think the SCEA is going to fix YOUR PS3 for free just because a group of 7 or  8 people claim a firmware update broke their system got together and demanded it?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2009

I have to agree with all of you.

my PS3 was working perfectly fine after the update.

it's no co incident that after uploading, the PS3 lost volume and after that, it would not read the game/bluray discs.

sony was very helpful on trying to reset it, but it did not work.

i had to result to reset the PS3 which is a 2 hour process, did not work.

today i called again and they wanted to charge me 150 plus tax to fix it.. of course this is unacceptable so i asked to talk to the manager and when the customer service came back, i was advised that SONY said they found a problem/bug on the software that made the system die.

they gave me this ticket, and said once their engineers fixes the update, it should fix our system.

here's the sony trouble ticket

1-233796527

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Sep 8, 2009
So when is this supposed bug supposed to be fixed? Is there a 3.01 fix coming this week? 
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
21 posts

Sep 8, 2009

I'm, sorry, and complaining on the forums helps your situation how? You really think the SCEA is going to fix YOUR PS3 for free just because a group of 7 or  8 people claim a firmware update broke their system got together and demanded it?

In short, yes I do think that.  I am not so naive to believe that Sony has many of its people in reading countless moronic messages left on its blog.  However, given the current situation regarding the firmware, a problem SCEA recognizes, they may just be looking a little closer to see if they can find all the bugs.  So, I do think that Sony will fix my PS3 for free when they produce the next upgrade- I download the firmware- and hope that my machine comes alive again. If it is an unrelated hardware problem- then there is no way Sony is going to fix my macine for free.   

I do know that seeing these other comments (and this is not the only thread on this subject) has allowed me to reasonably hope that the firmware update is to blame, and that Sony is going to fix the issue ASAP.

What would you have us do?  Immediately go out and buy a PS3 slim? Get our machines serviced (for $150) when there is even a chance a firmware update could fix it? Now that would be ... oh whats the word.... oh yeah, moronic.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 1,042 (17 Views)
0 Likes