First Son
28 posts

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009
I understand peoples frustration with having a console not working the way they are used to, but threatening to take them to court is pointless, you would never win. Updating to the new firmware was totally optional, there is no requirement that you play games online and therefore you could have simply turned off your internet connection on your ps3 and played your games as normal. There is always some risk when updating software on any hardware, media or design. Also, if you read all of your user agreements from your manuals as well as the update you would realize they have disclaimers to preclude the ability of people to sue should their system experience problems. Rest assured though, sony cannot afford a major snag in their overall strategy for the ps3, so an update will most assuredly be release ASAP.

Get your Portable ID!

I'm On A Boat MF
Message 11 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
21 posts

Sep 8, 2009

Thanks for your understanding. 

To state that a firmware update is "totally optional" is simply not realistic.  In order to play new games, to access major parts of already owned games (internet portions, multiplayer, etc.) we have to update.   No service agreement, disclaimer, or manual can alleviate SCEA, or any party to such an agreement, of their basic duty of care.    There are a number of class action suits setting precedence in this matter; basically no agreement can supercede our statutory rights.

I trust that Sony will do what they can to fix this problem, and do not think it will end in a court room.  All of this is hopefully going to be a moot point when they release the next firmware update. Or, I could be way off the mark and my PS3 could have just died of more natural causes.

Again, thanks for your understanding... 

JHOTNESS84 wrote:
I understand peoples frustration with having a console not working the way they are used to, but threatening to take them to court is pointless, you would never win. Updating to the new firmware was totally optional, there is no requirement that you play games online and therefore you could have simply turned off your internet connection on your ps3 and played your games as normal. There is always some risk when updating software on any hardware, media or design. Also, if you read all of your user agreements from your manuals as well as the update you would realize they have disclaimers to preclude the ability of people to sue should their system experience problems. Rest assured though, sony cannot afford a major snag in their overall strategy for the ps3, so an update will most assuredly be release ASAP.

Message 12 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 8, 2009
No games, DVDs or BluRays will play for me. I've gotten as much as 5 minutes into a game/movie but it locks up after that. Power button won't even turn it off, have to switch it off in the back. Problem started right after FW 3.00 "update".
Message 13 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Sep 8, 2009

DarthVicente wrote:

Add my gamertag to the wall.

My PS3 has stopped working after a frozen screen. As we understand by all the threads we read here, the new firmware 3.00 caused those frozen screen in games.

Gamertag, are you sure you are talking about PS3? 

Message 14 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 8, 2009

I was told the same thing - bad luck - but why was the game working 1 minute before and then to play madden online it requred the new udpate and then nothing worked.  It's pretty odd how there is a pretty large group all having this issue. 

Message 15 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2009
JUst did 3.0 uodate. Will not see ant tye of media!!!
Message 16 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Sep 8, 2009
Add my name to the list.
Message 17 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2009
Mine died today. It turns on but no video just black. I tried switching back to rca cables and still no video. Tried another tv and no video.
Message 18 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 8, 2009

Mine broke has issues caused by3.0

Message 19 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

Sep 8, 2009
Its interesting that all the people claiming that their system broke created an account on the forums JUST to say 3.00 allegedly broke their system.
Message 20 of 1,042 (19 Views)
0 Likes