Reply
Sep 07 2009
By: lastreptile Monster Hunter 21 posts
Offline

Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to listen!

1041 replies 627 views Edited Sep 7, 2009

Did your PS3 die just after 'updating' to 3.00?  If so post your name here so Sony can see how widespread this issue is.

 

Lets hope a new update can fix the problem SCEA created for us.

 

My PS3 no longer recognizes any discs.  Is this correlation or causation..help me (and SCEA) find out by posting your problems here.

 

 

 

Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-07-2009 03:16 PM
Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-07-2009 03:17 PM
Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-07-2009 03:22 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 01/05/2008
Offline
2958 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009
not going to happen sir,3.0 didnt break your PS3 it was just bad luck that it happened then...pay the 150 to fix it or buy a new one...or go to court  LOL
000albert_pujols
albert
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

stlcardinal9 wrote:
not going to happen sir,3.0 didnt break your PS3 it was just bad luck that it happened then...pay the 150 to fix it or buy a new one...or go to court  LOL

 

My PS3 died while downloading the update.  Never had a problem before that moment.  Doesn't sound like I'm the only one either. This is crap.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2009
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

I can see your argument that it was bad luck/chance that my PS3 stopped working right after I updated to 3.00.  Indeed, right after it happened I thought the same as you- that it was simply bad luck. However, there are a number of other threads and posts indicating that other people experienced a similar series of events: updating to Ver 3.00 and then discs stop loading.

 

If a number of people experienced a similar series of events we could, then, logically all but eliminate 'chance' from the equation.  The chances of even a handful of people experiening these same series of events due to 'bad luck' or unrelated circumstances are rather small- and get smaller with each additional occurance.  

 

I am trying to determine just how many of us this happened to. 

 

If this happened to you please post a reply here.  Either way, feel free to speculate that I am wrong in thinking that the firmware upgrade is at fault, and know that I am willing to accept that reality if my theory of this as a widespread issue does not pan out.

 

If this did not happen to anyone else, the most likely scenerio would be that my PS3 breaking in conjuction with the firmware update was mere coincidence. However, it appears that I am not the only one.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 1,042 (627 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/21/2008
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

From Sony:smileysurprised:n it's U.S. PlayStation Blog, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has confirmed that it is aware and is actively investigation isolated reports of PS3s behaving badly after the latest firmware, v3.0, has been installed. PS3 3.0 included a lot of aesthetic changes to the XMB as well as the addition of "What's New, Status Indicator, Friends List, PlayStation Store Shortcuts, Personalization and improved Trophies."

However, since it was released, there has been numerous reports made on forums about the console acting badly after the latest firmware update has been installed. "SCEA is aware of reports that PS3 owners are experiencing isolated issues with their PS3 system since installing the most recent system software update (v3.00)," the blog reads.

It continues: "Rest assured that we are looking into the matter and will provide an update here as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, as it’s our mission to deliver the best consumer experience on all PlayStation platforms."

 

Found this out from Afterdawn.com

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/22/2008
Offline
1860 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

lastreptile wrote:

Did your PS3 die just after 'updating' to 3.00?  If so post your name here so Sony can see how widespread this issue is.

 

Lets hope a new update can fix the problem SCEA created for us...somewhow I doubt they are interested in helping us keep the PS3s we already have and are more interested in us buying new ones.

 

Shame on you Sony. Act soon, or prepare for court.

 

 

 

 


I'm sorry to hear about your PS3 but the wall of dead? really? the least you could do would be to put it in correct tense and call it wall of death.... 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2009
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

I am sorry that your attention to the rules of grammar do not allow you to take the meaning of a phrase despite any obscure phrasing. I actually intended to use 'dead' as a plural noun as in "wall of the dead", however "wall of dead" sounded cooler to me.

 

Examples: wall of many dead PS3s, wall of festering dead PS3s, the wall of dead. 

 

Perhaps for clarity I could have named it "the wall of the dead", however doubling the word 'the' sounds even more awkward.

 

Thanks for the edit though, and keep on reading....next time try poetry that way your rule based mind may be broadened.  

 

And please, stay on topic. 

 

Simple task: if your PS3 died after updating to ver 3.00, please add a quick comment to this thread.   

 


cornagandarub wrote:

lastreptile wrote:

Did your PS3 die just after 'updating' to 3.00?  If so post your name here so Sony can see how widespread this issue is.

 

Lets hope a new update can fix the problem SCEA created for us...somewhow I doubt they are interested in helping us keep the PS3s we already have and are more interested in us buying new ones.

 

Shame on you Sony. Act soon, or prepare for court.

 

 

 

 


I'm sorry to hear about your PS3 but the wall of dead? really? the least you could do would be to put it in correct tense and call it wall of death.... 

 


 

 
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/22/2008
Offline
1860 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

lastreptile wrote:

I am sorry that your attention to the rules of grammar do not allow you to take the meaning of a phrase despite any obscure phrasing. I actually intended to use 'dead' as a plural noun as in "wall of the dead", however "wall of dead" sounded cooler to me.

 

Examples: wall of many dead PS3s, wall of festering dead PS3s, the wall of dead. 

 

Perhaps for clarity I could have named it "the wall of the dead", however doubling the word 'the' sounds even more awkward.

 

Thanks for the edit though, and keep on reading....next time try poetry that way your rule based mind may be broadened.  

 

And please, stay on topic. 

 

Simple task: if your PS3 died after updating to ver 3.00, please add a quick comment to this thread.   

 


cornagandarub wrote:

lastreptile wrote:

Did your PS3 die just after 'updating' to 3.00?  If so post your name here so Sony can see how widespread this issue is.

 

Lets hope a new update can fix the problem SCEA created for us...somewhow I doubt they are interested in helping us keep the PS3s we already have and are more interested in us buying new ones.

 

Shame on you Sony. Act soon, or prepare for court.

 

 

 

 


I'm sorry to hear about your PS3 but the wall of dead? really? the least you could do would be to put it in correct tense and call it wall of death.... 

 


 

 
using "the" twice sounds obscure? the dawn of the dead, the house of the dead, they both sound find to me, and if you are going to want to gain respect on the forums at least have the patience to use proper spelling/grammar, but then again, if you think the wall of the dead sounds more obscure then the wall of dead maybe that's not what you are looking for.... not to mention the fact you think you can take Sony to court. Also, they already stated they are releasing another update ASAP to fix the issues with controllers and games among other bugs from 3.00.

 

Message Edited by cornagandarub on 09-07-2009 02:58 PM
Message Edited by cornagandarub on 09-07-2009 02:59 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2009
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

Add my name to the wall of dead PS3s.

 

I would like my PS3 to be restored to working order now, please.  You killed it, you fix it.

 

 

Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-07-2009 03:18 PM
Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-07-2009 03:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2009
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: Is your PS3 now dead? Add your name to the wall of dead and get SCEA to lis

Sep 7, 2009

 

Ok, so you disagree with my wording, my tone, and the content of my message.  Noted.

 

I have seen that SCEA plans to release a fix, and  I hope this happens soon.  I do need to own up to the fact that having a broken PS3 during a long weekend has made me lose my mind. Sony has a good track record in my life, and it looks like I forgot that rather quickly.

 

So maybe I should turn down the crazy.  No accusations, no threats, just a simple list letting SCEA know what they should try to fix.

 

Thanks for the wake up call.

 

 

 

 

Message Edited by lastreptile on 09-07-2009 03:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 1,042 (627 Views)
Reply
0 Likes