Nov 23 2012
By: BOURBONBOSS First Son 2 posts

Internet connection

4 replies 249 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Recently I have not been able to get on the internet with my ps3 at my house. I can take the system into work and get on fine. All my other devices are able to connect to the internet. When setting it up in network settings, I get a 100% signal strength. The on-screne support sugget to contact technical support with error code 80130182. What does that mean? What options do I have?

Message 1 of 5 (249 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17748 posts

Re: Internet connection

Nov 23, 2012

The error code means that no Internet connection was detected, meaning that there is no Internet connectivity on the Ethernet port, and there is either no wireless network in range, or there available wireless networks don't connect to the Internet.  The wireless strength indicator on the PS3 is not accurate.  It has been known to read 100% when the signal is actually 0%.  Ignore it.  Your PS3 may be too far away from the wireless access point, given the number of walls and ceilings that the signal has to cross.  Try moving it much closer to the router and see if it works.  If it does, then you need a Wi-Fi Extender between the router and the PS3 to boost the signal. You can also try using power-line networking instead of Wi-Fi to connect the PS3 to the router.

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Then why don't I have any issues with any of my other wireless devices? For the first couple of months, I had no issues getting on. I even moved it upstairs to a room one room away from the router with no luck. I'm not trying to question your response, just tryiong to understand/figure out what's going on here.

Message 3 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2012

i am having the same thang happen to me it worked just fine and now will not conect 

Message 4 of 5 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17748 posts

Dec 1, 2012

It is also possible that the wireless chipset has failed.  Checking that signal strength is not the problem is the first thing that you do when you have wireless connection issues. Not necessarily the last thing.  Different devices have different wireless reception characteristics, and even the same device can change its performance as it ages.  If the PS3 can't connect to the wireless network when it is in the same room as the wireless access point, then wireless signal strength is not the problem.  At that point, we would start looking at the system board hardware.  

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)
0 Likes