Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 06 2012
By: bird_boy2001 First Son 2 posts

Internet Browser trouble

6 replies 452 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

Okay, so today, I wanted to go on Crackle and watch some concert footage of my favorite band. Last night, I had no trouble WHATSOEVER. Today, I get on and I get this blue screen with icons at the top and box prompting me to change my display settings to 720p or higher. I went to go do that, but I found out I need green/blue/red output cords in order to change the resolution. Someone, please help me out. 100_0065.JPG

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3548 posts

Re: Internet Browser trouble

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

So first time you have ever been to a site that says your screen resolution is to low is it.

Guess you don't use Yahoo or Gmail on a old computers then, happens to me all the time on other peoples computers who have not updated there screen...

TV browsers have to adapt the content to the screen resolution size or text becomes unreadable this is a warning that this will happen to you more unless you Ditch the SDTV... (There not going to spend the money working out a layout for SDTV feeds)

Games currently have to do the same but some don't, users on TV under 28 inch have reported text in games like GTA4 and ME2 was unreadable due to how small it was...

Lower resolution has the same effect...

Newer 720p HDTVs now come with 1080p Downscale... This means the display can drop the 1080p extra detail and run of a 1080p feed. 

EU site still provides a SDTV feed even if US won't on http://ps3-sd.uk.playstation.com/home/

How does it feel to be in the 1% of PS3 users that don't use 1080p... Anamorphic 16/9 support for SDTV is also being dropped only 4/3 letterbox only.  

(yes the PS3 Dials home user data when it wants SCE know what setting you have on the PS3..) 

SCEE announce long ago that they would not build any New SCEE sites for PS3 that were 720p or lower friendly. 

It would appear SCEA need to announce that 576p or lower will not be supported on their sites....

(Think this forum is actually to wide for SDTV as well...)

There's a cheat to fool some sites for longer Press triangle>tools>resolution>+2.  

This might get you access but not for long...

You will need to either stop using the site or get the HDMI or component cable...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (437 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I'm having the same problem. I use my PS3 for Facebook a lot, so it was incredibly frustrating to see this and not know how to fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3548 posts

Nov 7, 2012

okester13 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I use my PS3 for Facebook a lot, so it was incredibly frustrating to see this and not know how to fix.

Facebook is totaly different. FACEBOOK Banned the PS3 from there full site to save server load so you are diverted to the mobile one... Face book underestimated the load the PS3 would put on the servers... 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Thanks a lot. I'll try the cheat and hope that works. I just want to watch my movies and stuff. That's all I really need it for.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 18, 2012

so if i get a component cable to hook up my ps3 to a sdtv then i will be able to access the playstation 3 homepage again?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3548 posts

Nov 18, 2012

inuakio wrote:

so if i get a component cable to hook up my ps3 to a sdtv then i will be able to access the playstation 3 homepage again?

Only if you have a component SDTV that downscales if it does not. then you will have to use the resolution cheat above..

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (319 Views)
0 Likes