Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: [INFORMATION] Firmware Update 4.31

Nov 11, 2012

Same problems here. PS3 slim worked 100% flawlessly since bought less than 1 year ago. Always clean, never dusty. No misuse or damage. 4.31 update installs...can no longer play disc games. Can listen to CDs (whoopdeedoo) , watch DVDs and play downloaded games. No Borderlands 1 or 2, no Skyrim, no Bioshock, Fallout, nothing. So, after the "update" I have a Netflix player. This is bull. 5 minutes after the 4.31 update, I can no longer play ANY disc game other than Sacred Angel 2. So no, it is NOT the laser eye.

Oddly enough, the SOLE purpose of the dang 4,31 update was to FIX problems that some people had with the 4.30 update freezing games. LOL....can I go back to 4.30 or can you make a dang 4.32 update that fixes EVERYONE's disc problems? PLEASE. Enough already ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

I thought maybe...just maybe I had a dirty lens. Then I looked online and read the 500 or so complaints of the same problem all over the net in the PAST FEW DAYS. So, no...SONY it is NOT MY MACHINE as you guys are so quick to say. Please fix this by tomorrow, thanks. You have plenty of resources and I am sure you have heard of this by now. If I cant play Borderlands 2 I still have time to take it back for a refund and by a **bleep** PSN card so I can at least play a downloaded game. Unless 4.32 crashes the HD. Geeeezzzz....

Message 41 of 44 (2,259 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

I used to be a BIG Sony fan. Thier products used to be really good. But this update mess is ridiculous .

The've really lost it.

So I updated to 4.31 and then SOLD my PS3. I hope its working for the guy  who bought it!

A  friend is making me a Bluray XP based media PC.  Yeah that's right, it will do everything PS3 can do AND MORE!. (No more machine killing updates!! ) Plus Hulu , Netflix , Youtube and a web browser that actually works!:smileylol:

Message 42 of 44 (2,237 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Well this update messed my ps3 up. The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the ps button to try to restart the system is all that shows up. 

If the system cannot be restarted,you must reinstall the software. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 4.3 or later, and the press the Start and Select buttons at same time.

Message 43 of 44 (2,217 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Dear psn please Put there own sniper  into mw3 all the  cod. too many tryhard 

Message 44 of 44 (2,164 Views)
0 Likes