Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2013
By: Foxamiq First Son 1 posts

Game data not installed correctly? (ni no kuni)

40 replies 8439 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

Hi

I just downloaded the game Ni no kuni and installed it. Everything went fine. But when I am pressing "play" then the game goes black screen, like it's loading and then I get this error: "The game data has not been installed correctly"

I've been searching google and the forum, but no luck. It's not much to go with, but I assume the install must have been corrupted or?

Anyone who knows if this will be fixed with a reinstall of the game or is there something else I can do?

Message 1 of 41 (8,439 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Re: Game data not installed correctly? (ni no kuni)

Jan 25, 2013

Foxamiq wrote:

Hi

I just downloaded the game Ni no kuni and installed it. Everything went fine. But when I am pressing "play" then the game goes black screen, like it's loading and then I get this error: "The game data has not been installed correctly"

I've been searching google and the forum, but no luck. It's not much to go with, but I assume the install must have been corrupted or?

Anyone who knows if this will be fixed with a reinstall of the game or is there something else I can do?

I'd try redownloading and installing it.

Message 2 of 41 (8,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013

This is happening to me as well. Let me know if you find a fix. I'll try reinstalling it tomorrow.

Message 3 of 41 (8,372 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013

After patiently waiting FOREVER for this game to be release...I've now been having the same problem all day. I've deleted, redownloaded, and re-installed 3 times for a grand total of about 6 hours wasted. I am now infuriated and wish I had just gone to gamestop to buy the hard copy. PSN is a real bust sometimes.

Good look finding a solution

Message 4 of 41 (8,342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I'm having this exact same error.  I've not only tried downloading it again from the playstation store, but someone recommended download again from account management, which unfortunately yielded the same results.  If anyone figures anything out please let me know...

Message 5 of 41 (8,272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I re-downloaded and re-installed three times.

I called to get my money back....they said they aren't legally responsible, so my dispute is on a case by case basis. It will take up to 15 business days for Sony to decide whether or not to refund my money. After that, it will be a billing cycle until they refund it. I'll see my money in 45 days at the best scenario.

This is ridiculously bad service.

Message 6 of 41 (8,265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Same problem here. This is the first ps3 game I have decided to go digital for as well.also, Why are there 2 files for download and the smaller one listed at the game file?

Anyways, this is not a good start to my psn experience.
Message 7 of 41 (8,254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013

HAHA what a cop-out!! They aren't "legally responsible"?? What does that mean? They know their system is shotty and don't want to be held accountable for their errors? Really, like they can't afford to give a $54 dollar refund. Pathetic, Sony. Really.

Message 8 of 41 (8,234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013
It's hard to be mad because it's UNbelievably bad service. I am preparing to drop them if I don't get a verification of a refund in a week.
Message 9 of 41 (8,223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Yeah, I'll be right behind you on that. I had downloaded some PS1 games a few weeks ago and that was also a tottttallll nightmare. Thankfully, the $5 wasn't a big deal and I really wanted to play Klonoa. It eventually worked after 10+ redownloads and several days, but with my flawless internet connection and saint-like patience, even that was an ordeal in and of itself.

Bottom line: I will never be lazy again and will always buy hard copies of games!! Forevermore! PSN is AWFUL

Message 10 of 41 (8,200 Views)