Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2012
By: Arrchard First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Freezing problem

3 replies 526 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

I was playing Playstation all stars 2 nights ago on my ps3 slim and everything was working fine. All of a sudden the screen froze. I tried to press the power button to turn it off and it wouldnt work so i had to force shut down by holding down the power button. When i rebooted the ps3 back up, nothing would appear on screen but the green light would be on. I pressed the power button again but no sound, and the green light was still on so i force shutdown again. i then tried holding the power button for 5 seconds until the 2nd beep a few times and on the 3rd or 4th try, the screen finally appeared on tv again asking about using HDMI. when i pressed yes, the screen froze again, but i can still hear the "ticking" when i press left and right on d pad. I repeated attemptes to reboot the ps3 and the few times that the display actually appeared on screen ends up freezing again within minutes. Is there any way i can fix this without javing to send it in?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13929 posts

Re: Freezing problem

Dec 25, 2012

I doubt it.  You already tried the video reset, and it didn't work.  It appears to be a hardware problem.  If you can hear the audio feedback from the XMB when you press the directional buttons, then it probably isn't a hard disk problem.  Any other hardware problem would require repair service to resolve.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Dang, i guess you're right. Thanks for the response.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2012

i have the same problem but it is wit black-ops 2 or it won't even load up it won't load up more often than it freezes

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (458 Views)
0 Likes