Dec 27 2012
By: stuligin First Son 25 posts

For the love of god do not update to 4.31 !!!

[ Edited ]
8 replies 326 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

I updated yesterday, and immediately after,  and i mean  immediately as in updated, put in a b-ray dvdgame (xcom) and tried to play it, and was faced with unbearable lag issues from my blue ray  player.

sound, video was coming through in 3-5 second bursts,  it seemed to be some sort of caching issue, i dunno. in any case, the game, as well as skyrim were unplayable.

did safe mode database majically corrupted, rebuilt,  but  slowness/lag issues remained.

reset all settings to default, slowness/ lag issues remained.

typed in ps3 4.31 update in google and was astounded to see so many people complaining about the same problem AFTER UPDATING!

called customer service, the guy was really helpful until i told him bout  what i saw on the net. then he asked me to hold while he called up a senior tech, 

3-4 mins later hes back, totally different tone of voice, saying you need to send us your ps3 to be repaired for 99$, and stoppe helping me  and hung up when i said i needed m ore time to think bout it.

is this a attempt by sony to screw its customerbase into getting a new ps4 when it comes out?

does sony really think that their customers will do that? or go over to xbox.

im so dissapointed, i had just bought the impulse ps3 headphones as well, sheeshe.

in any case, do not update to 4.31, you will regret it.

Message 1 of 9 (326 Views)
MVP Support
18599 posts

Re: For the love of god do not update to 4.31 !!!

Dec 27, 2012

stuligin wrote:

I updated yesterday, and immediately after,  and i mean  immediately as in updated, put in a b-ray dvdgame (xcom) and tried to play it, and was faced with unbearable lag issues from my blue ray  player.

sound, video was coming through in 3-5 second bursts,  it seemed to be some sort of caching issue, i dunno. in any case, the game, as well as skyrim were unplayable.

did safe mode database majically corrupted, rebuilt,  but  slowness/lag issues remained.

reset all settings to default, slowness/ lag issues remained.

typed in ps3 4.31 update in google and was astounded to see so many people complaining about the same problem AFTER UPDATING!

called customer service, the guy was really helpful until i told him bout  what i saw on the net. then he asked me to hold while he called up a senior tech, 

3-4 mins later hes back, totally different tone of voice, saying you need to send us your ps3 to be repaired for 99$, and stoppe helping me  and hung up when i said i needed m ore time to think bout it.

is this a attempt by sony to screw its customerbase into getting a new ps4 when it comes out?

does sony really think that their customers will do that? or go over to xbox.

im so dissapointed, i had just bought the impulse ps3 headphones as well, sheeshe.

in any case, do not update to 4.31, you will regret it.

Yes, you uncovered their business plan. Destroy old systems so people buy the new one. That makes perfect business sense. Thanks for the warning. I just hope it's not too late. 4.31 has been out for some time now.

Message 2 of 9 (317 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Mar 12, 2013

exact same problem, except discs wont even register now!! AWESOME UPDATE PS3!!!! WAY TO GO!! must be the hardware though.. your right thousands of others are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 9 (180 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17659 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Think what you like, but this update was released in October; over four months ago.  Literally millions of people have installed it, and almost all of their PS3s still read disks.  It makes no sense to think that the update alone is causing your problem. It really can't be anything except the hardware.  The sooner you accept that, the sooner your PS3 will be working again.

GKP
Message 4 of 9 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 12, 2013

that must be why everything stopped working as soon as i updated.. directly after.. yeah makes sense your right

Message 5 of 9 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 12, 2013

i just need to accept it for my ps3 to start working again

Message 6 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17659 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

hammerlicious wrote:

that must be why everything stopped working as soon as i updated.. directly after.. yeah makes sense your right

It's called a coincidence.  They happen.  That is why there is a word for it.  The fact that something happens right after something else happens, does not always mean that the first thing caused the second thing. 

GKP
Message 7 of 9 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 12, 2013

why have so many other people had the same problem? you got all the answers right?

Message 8 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2723 posts

Mar 12, 2013

hammerlicious wrote:

why have so many other people had the same problem? you got all the answers right?

now how many is so many? can you point out 730,000 individuals who have had this issue? or are you talking like, say under 100? a hundred might seem like a lot to an individual but when you are a sea of 73 million, 100 individuals is harder than finding waldo...

i've updated my ps3 months ago, over wifi, with a low connection, and to this day i can still play dvd's, bluray's, bluray games, etc.

of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Message 9 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes