Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: Kimaray First Son 4 posts

Flashing Yellow Light?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 232 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

I just bought a PS3 Slim 160GB system about a week ago, I've been playing Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and during cutscenes the video would stutter, during which this yellow light flashes and the console makes loud noises, is this a problem? I have a year warranty on it, should I take it back and get a new one? I would very much appreciate the help. (The yellow light is not where the power button is, its a light near the usb ports close to the eject button)

Message 1 of 5 (232 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: Flashing Yellow Light?

Jan 4, 2013
Yes u should because your ps3 is done! Older or backwards compatible ps3's draw more power and over heat and break. But 160 gb shouldn't do that so u must have got a defected one and the yellow flashing light is call the yellow light of death or YLOD for short.
Message 2 of 5 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I've looked at other PS3 slim's of the YLOD and the yellow light flashes on the power button where the green light is, mine flashes somewhere else, I just want to make sure that it isn't busted. Or if its just the PS3 reading the disc because my Xbox makes noises when its loading games as well.

Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

The yellow light you mention is normal , it's the harddrive thinking . The stuttering video & loud noises though is not . It could be the game disc (is it free of fingerprints , scratches ? ) Doe's it do it w/ other game discs ?If it's still under warranty take it back.

YLOD happens at the power button lights (believe me I know from experience) instead of the blue & green light , you just get a yellow light & your console won't do anything.

Message 4 of 5 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 4, 2013

http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2518/~/indicator-lights-on-ps3-model-cech-...

This shows the model of my PS3 and if you look at the page it shows a yellow light thing, thats the light thats been flashing. This isn't the YLOD right?

Message 5 of 5 (211 Views)
0 Likes