Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Re: Firware Glitch!! Sony doesn't care about its customers :(

Apr 17, 2009

Dude ,

I believe you  check all my posting

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3updates&thread.id=61238

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3updates&thread.id=64647

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3updates&thread.id=63085

I have all these people that are having the same issues and that won't make Sony admit that the messed up on this update

don;t even try to argue , tech support only know how run your credit card that;s all, customer service are like automachine that just read and repeat until you get tired and hand up

supervisor talk to you in a tone of voice trying to intimidate you , they ask what going on? when they are already there listing to the conversation

if you ever send your ps3 be prepare to recieve a REFURBISHED SYSTEM and pay for the exchange 149..

that;s all I can tell you my friend , please take your time to read my posting so you can see what I am talking about..

Message 40 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jul 6, 2009

It wasnt a permenent glitch problem...you just delete the info and it was good to go...When i talk to them about it now...they are aware that this is a problem...unfortunatly they are striking a deal with the developers to prevent these problems...this kind of problem screws up leaderboard data as well. 

Also I recently sent my system in for a blueray laser drive calibration prob and they sent me mine back cause i specifically ask them to

PS3 with 500GB HDD and Linux

Get your Portable ID!
Message 41 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jul 6, 2009

"I changed HDD in my current ps3 and it played games, saved games, loaded games, no problem (retail and PSN).  I then loaded my ps3 saved data and I was then able to play most of the games, but I couldn’t get trophies."

--------------------------------------------------

I assume you did a "Trophy Sync" before and after the drive swap. And you clearly eliminated the HDD from being the problem.

I have had the "Friends" problem as well as the same comment problem. I have even seen the same friend online over and over, like he is on 5 systems at once.

I have been online on one account then switched to another account on same system and seen my first account online for a few minutes.

It usually clears up after a day or a cold start.

Possible memory issues or ethernet issues. I.e. the system has a memory fart and is having trouble updating the comments and friends list, and is therefore repopulating the fields with the same memory at address blah blah. Ethernet wise, it could be getting dirty bits and the system is having trouble knowing what to populate the comment and friends list with. If you have a router, check if it has error correction on it. The PS3 does not report back when it has a com error recieving info via the PSN, so it might just use the same data over and over till it gets fresh data.

Linux is probably not the problem. I have been using Ubuntu on mine and it is flawless.

I change my password every month or so (never a bad idea), and I have never found that to be a problem or cause any issue related to what you are experiencing.

Sony does not have the best tech support (I have never found a good one), but slamming their employees will not get you the help you need. Be thoughtful and respectful, conduct yourself as an adult and they might be more cooperative in connecting you to the next tier of tech support.

Game sharing is not a concern of Sony. They allow you to download your purchased game 5 times. If your system crashes and you need a new one, just hope you have not shared the game 5 times already. My family of 4, owns 4 PS3's and when i download a game, I want to install it on my account on each system, because I never know which one will be available when i get home.

I recommend checking your router for packet error correction, if no router, call your internet provider and make sure they are not sending redundant bits or whatever.

If you do not use Media Server, turn the option to off as it sucks bandwidth. The PSN Store update ticker at the top is not needed and uses memory as well as bandwidth, turn it off.

Make sure you clean out old messages and friends that are not needed, they slow your system by having to download tons of friend gamertags, comments, and avatars.

BlueTooth headset and other accesories plugged in at once might also have an effect on the 512mb memory when the system first boots and attempts PSN connection. Maybe it is all just too much for the PS3 to handle all at once.

This is definitly not a HDD issue. But still could be a PSN issue or other system component issue. But I did notice that when it happened to me, there was either server maintenance, PSN updates, or firmware updates. Then again, my issues always cleared up within 24 hours.

Please let us know if you find the answer.

AOG Clan on MAG
Message 42 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jul 7, 2009
cilffnotes my friend
Message 43 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jul 7, 2009
All the people saying game sharing is the problem are idiots. I have no problem insulting them, because all of them were insulting and stupid in their responses. I'd explain why, but they obviously lack the capacity to understand why. To the OP, I'm behind you, though I can't suggest anything that hasn't already been tried, I can help confirm that this latest firmware update can mess with PSN title ownership/copyright info. The 1 of 3 systems in my house which was affected worked properly after deleting the games and redownloading them. Save data was not affected or deleted, I would only have tried that if redownloading didn't work.
Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.
Message 44 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jul 9, 2009
I was respectful and pacient for 2 weeks....They will never let you talk to a higher up NEVER!!!!!!!!!
PS3 with 500GB HDD and Linux

Get your Portable ID!
Message 45 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jul 10, 2009
Rockband 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour are freezing the system and the game with the 2.80 update!
Message 47 of 47 (16 Views)
0 Likes