Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2056 posts

Re: Fire Eric Lempel! 3.00 is Lame!

Aug 19, 2009

ACtripxl wrote:
3.00 is lame and since Eric is in charge then he should be replaced with someone that can get the job done right.  No cross game, no private parties, a difficult process to play with your friends on the same team, and no BC.  I can live without the BC, but the rest of the stuff should have been integrated a LONG time ago.
YOU GUYS SHOULD BE HAPPY THIS UPDATE IS FREE.
Unlike Apple, you sometimes have to PAY to get the update on iPhone.
You guys should be happy that Sony doesn't charge you to upgrade to a new update. 

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Aug 19, 2009

ACtripxl wrote:
Well I have to admit I never thought this thread would get out to 8 pages.

thats because you and autohacker filled about 1.5 - 2 pages worth with your flame war...

AND NOW...RANDOM FACTS

MS- Hardware AND Software company (dont believe me? look around on the interwebs, they sell mice and keyboards. granted, not the super awesome HDTV used to play a PS3, 360, superultramega game thingy 3000...but still hardware)

Sony- Hardware company (not sure if they make software, if im wrong, someone please point me in the right direction)

Idiots- everywhere on the internet and a personal view of opinion (unless you have truely demonstrated some serious retardation.) considering, impo,  both AC and autohacker have brough up valid points. whether you two are able to realize it or not (due to your internet rage), you both should take a good look at yourselves before filling a fair sized chunk of this thread with insults.

BC- Might/Might not...one day MAYBE. Those who can live without it, yay...good for you. those who want it...yay good for you. "if you want BC get a ps2" ...got one, i want it on my ps3...kthnxstfu...

someone needs to be fired-  kthnx, nice to know...go write a letter to sony.

on that note...good bye, you all have been very kind. im going to go play my none BC ps3(hope i get what i want), move on to worry about what matters, scratch my arse and go night night now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Aug 19, 2009

personally i didnt think 3.0 was a let down. sure i was seriously expecting cross game chat but i think the new features were really nice.

it would be even better if they have detailed information of what your friend was playing ex.) what type of game mode he is playing within the game.

when ever i play COD W@W i want to know if my friend is playing SND or nazi zombies 

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Aug 19, 2009

Here here, I like the sound of Firmware 3.0 as well. I love the sound of the 'Dynamic Themes'. That Little Big Planet theme in the video walkthrough looks amazing.

OK, there are still a few things missing from the PS3, but I'm sure Sony will address these in due course and I'm sure these things take time to sort out. I'm sure we'll get cross game chat eventually.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2723 posts

Aug 19, 2009

omegacrash wrote:

ACtripxl wrote:
Well I have to admit I never thought this thread would get out to 8 pages.

thats because you and autohacker filled about 1.5 - 2 pages worth with your flame war...

AND NOW...RANDOM FACTS

MS- Hardware AND Software company (dont believe me? look around on the interwebs, they sell mice and keyboards. granted, not the super awesome HDTV used to play a PS3, 360, superultramega game thingy 3000...but still hardware)

Sony- Hardware company (not sure if they make software, if im wrong, someone please point me in the right direction)

Idiots- everywhere on the internet and a personal view of opinion (unless you have truely demonstrated some serious retardation.) considering, impo,  both AC and autohacker have brough up valid points. whether you two are able to realize it or not (due to your internet rage), you both should take a good look at yourselves before filling a fair sized chunk of this thread with insults.

BC- Might/Might not...one day MAYBE. Those who can live without it, yay...good for you. those who want it...yay good for you. "if you want BC get a ps2" ...got one, i want it on my ps3...kthnxstfu...

someone needs to be fired-  kthnx, nice to know...go write a letter to sony.

on that note...good bye, you all have been very kind. im going to go play my none BC ps3(hope i get what i want), move on to worry about what matters, scratch my arse and go night night now. 

yes they have a few hardware devices, but their main focus is on software.

another random fact:

ms purchases technology other companies develop and brand their name on it. you dont think the 360 was their own development right? or the "project natal". both were developed by different companies before ms bought the projects off them and stuck their software on them.

(i'm gonna just ignore the whole "idiots" piece because people are entitled to their own opinions.)

Message Edited by autohacker2000 on 08-19-2009 01:37 AM
of course it was working before it failed, that happens!
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Aug 19, 2009
i like the animated backgrounds thats cool but why 3 dif ps store icons it just cluters up the xmb with pointless icons what 1 wasent good enuff whos idea was that i think its bs and i want to know if thy fixed the battery and time bs its ben long enuff that shudent be that hard to do for ther dev teams i think most of 3.00 is a wast the only cool thing is the backgrounds
i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Aug 19, 2009
they have fixed it its in the firmware video. Go watch it and listen this time
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Aug 19, 2009

CGrierWV75 wrote:

Whatever i think the preview vid on the blog looked pretty sweet.  At this point most improvements are going to be cosmetic.  I dont believe BC will ever be a software update.  

I guess cross game chat would be cool.  I'm sure that will come in the future. 

From here on out thats the only way it will be possible.

The PS2 architecture is not compatible with the newer chipset.

So the only ways to get B/C would be with  100% Software Emulation 

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3463 posts

Aug 19, 2009

the kudos system is being abused (again)

Message Edited by lonewolf1994 on 08-19-2009 03:16 AM
lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 108 (0 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Aug 19, 2009
This is definitely not the type of upgrade that would be expected for the next level up.  This looks more like a 2.9 update really.  All cosmetic and no major changes.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 108 (0 Views)
0 Likes