Nov 15 2012
By: GundamVengence First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Facebook issue?

5 replies 181 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

First time using the forum, so hope I am in the correct spot...

But has anyone been having issues with Facebook? I can't upload pictures anymore, says " FB doesn't support my browser " So whats going on?

Message 1 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4366 posts

Re: Facebook issue?

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

GundamVengence wrote:

First time using the forum, so hope I am in the correct spot...

But has anyone been having issues with Facebook? I can't upload pictures anymore, says " FB doesn't support my browser " So whats going on?

Seams very simple. Face book have banned the PS3 browser from uploading photos.

Their text is very clear. 

Like They have choosen to use their right to refuse to serve you that system

Facebook has for a long time disabled the main site by their "Choice" and relied on Mobile face book page. Its just one more thing facebook has now disabled but its also never been needed.....

The Photo gallery app already has the photo upload option.. It allows Bulk photo selection and tools to upload them.
And even better the Video editor and uploader also has an upload to facebook option...

The photo gallery app is the first icon under Photos on XMB normally.
Examples uploads to face book... from PS3.
Photos.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.102843983077999.6338.100000571932149&type=1&l=c6af979d38
Video.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=151092411586489&set=vb.100000571932149&type=3&permPage=1

snapshot6.png

Message 2 of 6 (175 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Thank you, but if they are using all mobile, than why are some of the handhelds and also phones being effected, I just found out today that the 3DS, some Iphones, Vita/psp are also being effected by this. or is FB trying to select who use their service?

Message 3 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4366 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

If theres an app for a device Facebook will likely stop browser support.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/facebook/id284882215?mt=8

IDevices and Android mobiles allready have applications to view facebook and upload.

So yes blocking them via web site saves money... as these apps normaly have a resize image code in the uploader.  

Its not up to face book to support devices its up to the Devcies to stay up to date and keep compliance with the tech face book wants to use... and yes there has been a lot of code changes on face book and new layouts..

snapshot6.png

Message 4 of 6 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Well.. the PS3 has a LIMITED Web Browser this means usually MOBILE and sometimes TABLET sites may work the full sites are not as good on the PS3s WWW.

You may want to avoid using the PS3s browser since it can lead to freezing i use the WWW sometimes but its no guarantee that it will work. Not even the new portal works fine it freezes on me alot it makes no sents to have a browser on a PS3 if its defective huh?

We all have em bro its called computers and i suggest using that may b some day sony will make a update removing the broswer cause honestly i think it has to go it does not work

Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

I will have to disagree, I never have issues with the browser.. Of course I tend to stay away from sites I believe it wont support.. I stick mainly to the high end sites, Google, Yahoo!, Craigslist.. etc etc. 

Granted that the browser does have its certain drawbacks, like outdated flash.. But its still a great feature, that you can use on the fly for people who dont have a PC or phone.. I believe the it could have been a great tool if Sony, would have continued to work on it and update instead of dropping support for it..

And again thank you GraphiteGB I can now upload pics again

Message 6 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes