Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 09 2011
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4213 posts

FW 3.70 features request to Sony! Tell them what u want next here! Way2Go! Keep posting!

1523 replies 853 views Edited Mar 9, 2011

-=FW  feature request to Sony=-

This threads missions is to continue to request features for future FW updates ahead of time so they can be added for sure. It has worked ever since FW update 2.60 or 2.70 Also, we need to link to this thread in the PS Blog post so they can see it there as well. Help this thread help YOU

I will also be adding more videos for each feature soon. If you have anything creative you do such as making pictures or videos let me know so we can both help capture these ideas so we can see them like the above video!

Still think they dont read the forums? Guess AGAIN..with yet another example of how they do!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/the-state-of-playstation-home/

1.Increased friends list
2.In game cross chat
3.browser update coming soon? (rumor its firefox or Google Chrome)

4.appearing offline
5.Password protected XMB Profile
6.In game web browser
7.More system multi-tasking (they took away video multi-tasking)
8.more in-game music support
9. Troppy Leader boards has been out since around since about fw 3.30

10.Video messaging ( has been introduced with Uncharted 2. It wont be long for that feature now.Watch this video to see it.
11.Partner up with a company i.e. Sirius Satilite radio done since fw 3.10 (technically when U2 came out with twitter support)

12. Fixed and enhanced friends list! (fix the friends list to that the current highlighted users "badge" is only shown. Add the ability to customize our badge. Putting skins on it,trophies, a video clip message maybe, etc.) 3.10 compatible (Sony put this out in a heartbeat! Thanks guys)

13. More eyecreate software 3.40 compatible

14.Ability to view pictures in messages while in-game.
15.More avatars3.00 compatible

16.Play Create Share concept involving new software 3.40 compatible (facebook sharing)

17.More customization *EDIT* (features like having videos for the background on the xmb) 3.00 compatible

18. PSeye navigation for xmb
19. More in game video recording (We just need a statement from Sony confirming we will have more support for this)
20. Feedback and suggestions box (virtually suggestions and feedback you send to Sony) They added this feature to the site, Im assuming they wont added it built in the ps3. They do have a problem submission feature on ps3 though.

21. ability to save your messages as a draft
22. Trophy Rewards. ( i.e  For every Platinum trophy you receive, you get $.99 in you psn wallet...this wont happen until they fix something..)
23. Ps2 EmulatorNot coming stated by Sony? (Rumer there is a dreamcast emulator coming)

24. Playstation Apps *once listed as "homebrew support"* ( This is the way to go,anyone can make apps,send it to sony so they review it to be put in the ps apps store. Apps developed on computer are only reviewed by sony. A Sony app maker on the ps3 will already have approval by sony themselves, so anyone can publish those.) *PENDING!*

25. Faster XMB (We'll wait till one more update to check this off since they are always improving things like this)
26. A SOMEWHAT redesigned xmb (This will appeal to the people who dont want it to change because little stuff would be spiced up)
27. PS3 communications with Cellphones!!!!!! (gosh I want this!, not remote play, but something more if the phone doesnt support remote play like the new SE phone)*starts with a few Sony Ericsson phones Q4 2009, but no general cellphone app/feature yet*

28.More unique software/programs such as the new photo gallery. (SO there could be a video gallery or somethin done with the music section ) 3.40 compatible (new photo software)

29. More codec support! whats up with the only mp4 crap for videos? I dont understand how about some wmv and avi support Supported apparently

30. Avatar customization. (also includes abilty to use your home avatar)
31. More community aspects such as PSN groups (like the psn music group or somethin)  PSN chat,(dont have to type in a name, just join a room)

32. Official PS Blog integration with PS3 under Playstation Network in the XMB.

Be able to open the application and instantly leave a comment because I'm already logged into the PSN.

(Just put some of the info in the ticker at least)

33. Enhanced About me Section

A) Be able to record a short video using the Playstation Eye with Eye Create and insert it into your profile giving people the option to play it when they view your profile.

B) Be able to list your Top 5 favorite games, films, music artists

34. rep system, a rating for players conduct online.(good idea,but has its flaws)

35. More bluetooth device support (Some phones wont connect to the ps3. We could transfer stuff with our phones, like game saves, pictures and things of that nature)
36. Alerts are more diverse (new features for alerts like sound)
37. more background downloading options ( ie. game updates)   PSN+ feature, downloads download by itself

38. Acess to the XMB while watching movies and playing PS1 or PS2 titles  (I really dont know why we cant do this now.lol)
39. PSN clans or (Playstation Extended family). I think the second one sounds cooler,lol but this would be something for your closest friends around PSN which could also extend into home. This clan tag would not appear in games.

40. Search feature function in general to the system (search "Tiesto", pics,video, & whatever is related to the search shows where you can find it. on the web and/or your ps3 files)

41. Ability to change you PSN location and PSN ID

42. 3D intergration 3.30 compatible

43. Cloud Storage feature. 3.60 compatible, Thank you everyone who suggested this feature from the start and thank you Sony!

These are the most important features, so we dont wanna flood them with ones we dont want right now i.e. (little stuff we dont really need)

Actually, can we get a list of people who can create some work of art of video?  Maybe if we have enough people we can assign people to design how each feature should look. Right now im very busy atm and it would take to longfor me to do every feature.Btw you can make a picture or a video of the features it doesnt matter.

Featured users!
Congrats to ZAANOS our featured user of the week. (See request #33)
Wanna get featured? Post your best idea and/or predict what feature will be in the next update! 2 points for a correct prediction, 1 point for a feature you requested if it stands out enough from the rest/has never really been thought of. First one to get 30 points will get put on the fame list and get some nifty goodies.
                                                          ---------------Hall of Fame--------------

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 1420 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Wastelander
904 posts

Re: 2.70 features request to Sony! Let them hear your input early!

Jan 25, 2009
Kick allowable friends up to 200 and give me a sorting system like yahoo messenger has NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
www.beer-clan.com/
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Jan 25, 2009

xBEERxFIEND wrote:
Kick allowable friends up to 200 and give me a sorting system like yahoo messenger has NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be great, more organization never hurt anyone
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 1,524 (853 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 26, 2009
CAN WE PLEEEEASE!!! Have In-Game Music, im tired of playin COD 5 and cant play music while i play
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Jan 26, 2009
umm umm got to think fast before to late ummmmm
     GUEST ONLINE FOR ALL GAMES
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
372 posts

Jan 26, 2009
wait a min killzone2 has in game music im so getting that game
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 1,524 (853 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jan 26, 2009
Hmmm.... cross game chat if it doesnt have that.... have multi account sign in .. ( Great Feature for Resistance 2) and ... AND MORE TROPHY SUPPORTS !!!... like Heavenly Sword is powerd by sony why dont they just go do it.... seriously
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1716 posts

Jan 26, 2009
Friends lists/categories. A browser update? A fix to stuttery, laggy, freezy in-game XMB.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1874 posts

Jan 26, 2009

actually appear offline

backwards compatibility

more printer driver

more mp3 player drivers

in game cross chat

Message Edited by jlosurdo on 01-25-2009 06:02 PM
jlosurdo
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 1,524 (853 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1519 posts

Jan 26, 2009

IN GAME MUSIC SUPPORT NEED I SAY MORE.

ALSO ABILITY TO SUPPORT MUSIC SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES ALA NAPSTER OR RHAPSODY

Message Edited by HIGHRIDAH on 01-25-2009 08:13 PM
Cruising the AS boards, more talking less crybaby mods
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 1,524 (853 Views)