Systerm Firmware: 4.31
System Model: 160 GB Slim PS3
What I do:
- Attempt to Launch PS Store
- Click 'Yes' after receiving prompt that 'To use this feature, you must first download software. Do you want to download now?' with 26 mb file
- Update downloads 400%, after downloading, during the install process it shows a 44mb size update file being used, not a 26mb patch/install; install process stops at 15%
- Displays 'errror 80029564'
Steps taken to try to fix the issue:
- Reboot PS3
- Disable media server
- Try downloading via 'Wired' and 'Wireless' (with UPNP disabled)
I don't normally buy PSN stuff, but I'd very much like to buy Jet Set Radio since it's on sale for the '13 for 13', but I can't even do that. It's most strange that it would try to download a 26mb file, download 400% and yet then try installing with a 44mb file which is certainly much less than 400% of 26mb...
I'm having the same problem you are. My PSN Store and Home both show the title screen then just hang. Check if your PSN home hangs too. Maybe someone has an answer.