I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Re: EXTREMELY slow download speed...

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

biggie86205 wrote:

I guess calling sony tech is my last option, seeing as how nothing I have tried has worked...

Yeah man, and BTW- I wasnt trying to be rude before. Every ps3 I have had has been fast like that, and you have a much quicker connection than me.

I wish you luck, and post back on if they helped you and whatnot.

I hope some way or another you get a solution!

ALSO, you have a 60 gb ps3 that you upgraded to 320gb? Maybe its a problem with that? IDK, Im just trying to rule out everything. Be sure to tell the sony tech that.

Message 11 of 43 (10,973 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16650 posts

Aug 21, 2012

jayistheway wrote:

biggie86205 wrote:

I guess calling sony tech is my last option, seeing as how nothing I have tried has worked...

Yeah man, and BTW- I wasnt trying to be rude before. Every ps3 I have had has been fast like that, and you have a much quicker connection than me.

ALSO, you have a 60 gb ps3 that you upgraded to 320gb? Maybe its a problem with that? IDK, Im just trying to rule out everything. Be sure to tell the sony tech that.

That is definitely not the problem.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 12 of 43 (10,969 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1130 posts

Aug 21, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

jayistheway wrote:

biggie86205 wrote:

That is definitely not the problem.

Maybe Its not but what about HDD RPM? Compatibility? I am trying to think of everything here to help out.

No offense, but a sony tech would be more help than me or you. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 43 (10,967 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 21, 2012

The RPM of the HDD is the same as the original 60gb one. And either way, that would have nothing at all to do with my slow downloading issues. Either way, I appreciate the responses. I know I'm not the only one with this issue, as I have seen other threads about it. Any possible solutions?? Its gone up 15% in 6 hours :-/ There is no way that is normal....

Biggie86205
Message 14 of 43 (10,962 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Is your PS3 connected via wifi or ethernet cable?

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 15 of 43 (10,954 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

I just wanted to add that my PS3 download times are really slow too. My laptop downloads much faster even though it's further from the router.

What I usually do is whenever it does gets slow, I'll pause the download and wait a few seconds, then click resume. Sometimes I'll do this when it's downloading like 1Mb every 5-7 seconds, then when I pause and resume, it will start downloading at about 1-2mb per second. It doesn't always work though.

Also make sure you have media server (whatever it's called) turned off.

You can also call Sony I guess.

Message 16 of 43 (10,948 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2012

It is connected via wifi. Woke up this morning and to my surprise it was done. Shouldnt have taken 36 hours, but beggars cant be choosers I suppose. Last night it was dl a mb every 3 seconds or so and I thought that was fast compared to what it was previously doing lol... So I take it there is no light to shine on this subject?? Is everyone going to keep with the run around answers about how it is a network issue, or to use an ethernet cable? (Neither of which are the issue). Lets put some heads together and really figure out why so many people are dealing with this. Could it be on Sony's end??

Edit: Went to play the game I just spend 36 hours downloading, and there is an update... I am going to flip some tables in like 5 seconds. Dam I cant win. I guess Ill have to wait another day while the updates take their sweet time downloading. Never buying a game for this P O S  until something is done about these terrible download speeds.....

Biggie86205
Message 17 of 43 (10,939 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6352 posts

Aug 21, 2012
I don't think people are giving you "run around answers about how it is a network issue."  I don't doubt that you're having issues, but when other people aren't, its not a general Sony problem, it's something on your end.  It could be that in your region the servers are having issues?  I don't know, but I have never had such a slow download and my internet is only 10 or 12 Mbps, compared to your 50.  I usually get a full game in 2 or 3 hours.  In my experience though the PS3's wifi is very slow.  Could be that my router isn't configured right for it, but I don't care since it works fine plugged in.  I should also point out that the PS3 is always slower than when I download from a PC, but not by as much as you're describing.
Message 18 of 43 (10,929 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Aug 21, 2012

I actually had the same issue downloading Infamous 2 as well.... It started off brutally slow and took over 24 hours to fully download...

I did an "Internet Connection Test" through the PS3 while my download was at about 20%. I find doing the internet connection test solves the problem (temporarily at least).

I'm actually thinking about phoning my ISP to determine if they restrict the download speeds on my PS3... I remember reading somewhere that a lot of ISP's restrict the download speeds on non-PC stuff that is connected to the internet (i.e. PlayStation, XBOX, etc.). My Internect Connection Test showed download speeds of 6-8MB/Sec, but I pay for a much higher download rate. 

Message 19 of 43 (10,925 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Is your ISP VERIZON FIOS

Aug 21, 2012

I have the same problem. I HAVE VERIZON FIOS, GREAT FOR COMPUTERS NOT GAME SYSTEMS.   I pay for 35/35megs and am currently getting 3/1.  I have a 60 gig too but bought a new 120 gig playstation and got the same bad result.  I had a friend over and he pulled 21/6 megs on his playstation so I dont know what the problem is.  My new one didnt, got 4/1meg,  so I took it back.  My gut tells me its the ISP being I bought a brand new playstation out of the box and it was bad.  I FEEL YOU PAIN, it is very aggrevating.  I wont be purchasing anything either even though I want to, it just doesnt run smoothly.  btw, tried all of the rebooting, replacing routers, hard wired, Nothing works so fairwell for now PS3

Message 20 of 43 (10,915 Views)
0 Likes