Aug 05 2012
By: zXAcE_HuNTeRXz First Son 5 posts

ERROR 80010038 When Installing

3 replies 1278 views Edited Aug 5, 2012

Ok, So i decided to buy a game on the Playstation Store and its about 7500mb. So when i bought it i downloaded it but then it froze (using background download) So then i did it thru the Playstion Store which actually finished the download but then while trying to install it i get the error code in the title. I did a full format and still get this error. So could it be PS3 problems or PSN problems?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,278 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18278 posts

Re: ERROR 80010038 When Installing

Aug 6, 2012

zXAcE_HuNTeRXz wrote:

Ok, So i decided to buy a game on the Playstation Store and its about 7500mb. So when i bought it i downloaded it but then it froze (using background download) So then i did it thru the Playstion Store which actually finished the download but then while trying to install it i get the error code in the title. I did a full format and still get this error. So could it be PS3 problems or PSN problems?

Full format as: you reformatted the whole HDD thus erasing everything in it then, you'd to reinstall the PS3 firmware and whatnot? OR did you just rebuilt the file system?

Error code 80010038 stands for "The PlayStation 3 system wasn't able to load the game or game data. This may be caused by a dirty or scratched disc or the game data couldn't load."

If you truly formatted your HDD and still having this issue then your HDD is faulty and you need a new one.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 6, 2012

Yes I did a full format as my HDD 100% clean 0 data  permanently clean and i still get this error. But If my HDD was to be faulty wouldnt it give me a mesage while formatting my PS3? I'll try downloading the game on another PS3 system if i still get this what can that mean?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I don't know if any one posts on here...I'm not big on forums, but the situation with error 80010038 has me stumped as well. I've researched for days. Sony was no help; they didn't recognize the code. Other online communities can't figure out the problem. What's going on?! My PlayStation 3, 2nd model 160 gb refuses to install demos and update games for simple use. This is not cool. Does ANYONE have any answers that may fix this? Buying another ps3 is not an option for me. Please someone help.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (747 Views)
0 Likes