Nov 30 2012
By: ClutchBus First Son 9 posts

Dualshock 3 controller problem

7 replies 535 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

Hello everyone! This is my first thread on forum so if I did something wrong I'm sorry :smileyhappy:
Few days ago I connected my DS3 controller to PC using program called DS3 Tool. Everything worked fine and I was able to play my game with controller. But when I wanted to play games on my PS3, which is by the way FAT model(80GB) it didn't work! PS3 turns on when I press PS button on controller and controller is working for about 20 secs and then it turns off by itself! Sometimes it wont turn on at all! Also when I connect it with USB cable to PS3 it's working and it's charging but after about 5 minutes it says it's fully charged ( when it's connected with USB cable all for LEDs are blinking until I press PS button then only one LED, first is blinking). And if I leave it connected with USB cable for some time it also turns off by it self but I in my PS3 settings I turned off option "automatically tun off controller"

Message 1 of 8 (535 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18599 posts

Re: Dualshock 3 controller problem

Nov 30, 2012
Message 2 of 8 (532 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

I forgot to write it, I have done that already  but even after that controller is not working properly! And I used DS3 Tool or MotioninJoy driver for windows

Message 3 of 8 (527 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Anyone....It won't even turn on now! I'm glad I have another controller :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 8 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Dec 10, 2012

do not use ur computer when playing ps3 because it might be conflicting with controller.

Message 5 of 8 (422 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I would try to use it with pc turned off but controller won't turn on now. It won't respond to any button even it won't respond when I press PS button. Previously I uninstalled all drivers  on PC!

Message 6 of 8 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

How old is the controller? It sounds like your battery may just be worn out. I had the same type of trouble with one of my DS3 controllers. It would fully charge very quickly, then go dead a short while later. Swapped the battery with one of my old Sixaxis units and it worked fine again. Odd that my much newer DS3 had its battery fail before my old Sixaxis, but that's "progress" I guess.

I also had a controller that decided it didn't want to sync any longer. Tried resets with and without the USB cable and everything else that was suggested on the support site, to no avail. Finally tried a battery pull. Disconnected the battery for a few minutes, and the controller synced right up after putting it back together. It seems the reset pin doesn't reset everything.

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 7 of 8 (402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

so should I replace battery and can I use battery from another controller just to make sure that battery in ds3 is dead? I have this(dead) ds3 controller and another sixaxis controller.

Message 8 of 8 (383 Views)
0 Likes