Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2010
By: Ghost_Death Splicer 45 posts

Downloadable Strategy Guides from PSN

4 replies 10 views Edited Jan 31, 2010
A couple of days ago I was playing FFVII that I got from PSN and was thinking about my strategy guide thats tucked away in storage for another few months and thought, "Hey! Why don't they make strategy guides for PS1/PS2/PS3 downloadable from PSN?!".  What made me think of it is the manuals that are in the PS1 games.  You can hit the PS button and check out the strategy guide for the game you are playing right then and there.  And maybe you can print the guide to a printer?  A new strategy guide icon in the games section of the XMB will store them in folders for each console.  Not a bad idea for the PSP either.  In PSN there should be a brand new strategy guide section and you can search for guides based on ABC/123 or guide brand and the guide for each game should be in the folder with the game.  Let me know what you think.  I don't think Sony would turn down a way to make more money.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (10 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Re: Downloadable Strategy Guides from PSN

Feb 3, 2010
Must not be a very good idea?  I know strategy guides are for poosies right?  I just figured it'd be an easier and more organizable way to keep the strategy guides you need/want at a cheaper price.  Its always at your finger tips whenever you need it just by a press of a button and you don't even need to leave your game.  You can view the guide much the same as a digital comic on the PSP or a manual for a PS classic.  You don't have to worry about misplacing or digging out your ratty guide that your kids colored in and tore out half the pages.  Lets face it...  those Prima guides like to fall apart anyway...  atleast they used to.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (10 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 3, 2010
thats actually a good idea..
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks Shadowjin.  I was also gonna add the idea of adding labeled bookmarks to pages so you don't forget things that you have to go back to; and when you're playing a game, it will remember the last viewed page so it will always be open where you left off once you get back to it.  You can also look at the guides while not in a game by opening one in the folder on the XMB.  You could even listen to music while you're looking through them.  Everythings turning digital!  I know the smart ones don't spend money on guides because there is a trusty tool called the internet. This is just for those of you out there that still do or are collectors... whatever the case.  I'm all for improving in big and small ways and i know Sony probably has their hands full with many other things and an idea like this would probably never see the light of day... I just like to day dream
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Feb 17, 2010
I'm just gonna do a little bump here...  yeah...  this stuff isn't easy to come up with...  no, it is too easy.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (10 Views)
0 Likes