Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2012
By: ThreeSixtySucks Splicer 59 posts

Deus Ex: HR Freezing System at START screen

[ Edited ]
25 replies 3643 views Edited Dec 21, 2013

Just purchased deus ex human revolution yesterday on 11/24/12 and after the 3 hour download, hour long install, i am happy to finally play it. When I launch the game, it gets to the "PRESS START" screen, when i do press start, it locks up the system so bad that I actually have to unplug the PS3 from the wall. Out of all the years of owning the PS3, I've never had this problem with any game.

I currently own the PS3 Slim, got rid of my fatty bout a year and a half ago, not due to problems, just wanted the sleaker model :smileyhappy:.

Anyone else having this problem or have had this problem? For the record, I had uninstalled the game and all addons completely twice and reinstalled them, this is the 3rd install and still same exact place it locks up when i press start.

Edit: Tidied, shortened thread title

- Hot-Shocolate

Message 1 of 26 (3,643 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Re: Deus ex human revolution locking up at the "PRESS START" screen

Nov 25, 2012
This happens to me on home sometimes, id suggest use another controller if you have one, when the ps3 locks, does the game still run?
Message 2 of 26 (3,636 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I press start and the game goes to a black screen, music still playing and then hangs there, then i have to unplug my ps3 from the back.

Message 3 of 26 (3,629 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Nov 26, 2012
It might be your ps3
Message 4 of 26 (3,626 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Nov 26, 2012

If it was the PS3, all my games would have a problem, not just this one. I have over 40 Digital games on the PS3 and none give me any problems, once in awhile maybe after playing BL2 for 15+ hours straight I may have to reboot the system, but it still don't lock up at all. Its not the PS3, the disc version of this game was riddled with bugs and glitches that have gone unpatched.

Message 5 of 26 (3,622 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
859 posts

Nov 26, 2012

You could have a bad/corrupt installation. That doesn't sound normal at all. Do a thorough test with more games and, after assuring that the problem is isolated to DXHR, try re-downloading it, or at least, re-installing it...also, make sure that it downloads on a single shot, do not power down your PS3 in the middle of the download. That's to assure you download a clean, uninterrupted copy of the game. If it does not change, then repairing the file system of the PS3 might do something for you...

Message 6 of 26 (3,616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I've been having this same problem. I had to unplug my ps3 in order to get it running again from the freeze. I got so frustrated with this I moved onto other games. I'm hoping we get some sort of patch soon

Message 7 of 26 (3,592 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Mine has also been doing that so I redownloaded the game, installed it and it worked fine.... For a day. It's back to doing it again.
Message 8 of 26 (3,566 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Hey the 1.01 update for this game is the problem uninstall it and it will work just fine:-)
Message 9 of 26 (3,530 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 23, 2012
The 1.01 UPDATE FOR DEUS EX IS THE PROBLEM AND IS CAUSING THE GAME TO FREEZE UP AT THE START EITHER UNINSTALL IT OR DECLINE TO DOWNLOAD IT IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK PROPERLY I THOUGHT MY GAME WAS DEFECTIVE AND RETURNED IT TO THE STORE GOT ANOTHER COPY AND THE SAME ISSUE ITS THE 1.01 UPDATE GUYS DEAL WITH IT.:-)
Message 10 of 26 (3,529 Views)
0 Likes