Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 05 2013
By: buckallmighty Treasure Hunter 6846 posts

Dear Network Management,

[ Edited ]
12 replies 151 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Some of the cutomers of your enterprise need an "OFFICIAL ANSWER" on weather things like jailbreaking, ISE, and region hopping are against the service agreement or not by an official playstation network manager. Not a moderator, because "apparently" moderation has told several forum users that these issues simply do not matter and they are not reporting them even when they openly brag about using such things on these forums nothing gets done about it, but the service terms state otherwise.

If these issues are a concern to the company then moderation is being taken advantage of and needs to be addressed promptly. And if not, fair enough but please come out of your shell just long enough to tell us it is not, and fix the terms of service.

Sorry this was necessary

Message 1 of 13 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16965 posts

Re: Dear Network Management,

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

I made a European account ONCE...back when KZ2 was the biggest thing and they got the demo before everyone else. I've long since deleted that account...and nobody cared.

As far as jailbreaking...I'm pretty sure thats un-authorized or (insert technical lawyer talk) I doubt it would be good to get caught with a hacked system.

Message 2 of 13 (145 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31120 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Having & accessing a PSN Account other than one from your current country of residence is as you know against The Terms & Conditions we all sign when we make a PSN account, having said that this is not in my view a particularly serious 'offence' & is not one that on it's own would be likely to get someone banned, many people I know have multiple PSN accounts for varying countries, it is especially noticeable in PS HOME.

As for Jail-breaking, duh, yes, bannable & suspendable, that's a given, don't do it, period.

Our Moderators are corrupt, really, dammit I knew there was something fishy about some of them, & to think I trusted them too!!!

Ok come on, the Moderation Team are not corrupt.

This was necessary too.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 13 (130 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Mar 6, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Having & accessing a PSN Account other than one from your current country of residence is as you know against The Terms & Conditions we all sign when we make a PSN account, having said that this is not in my view a particularly serious 'offence' & is not one that on it's own would be likely to get someone banned, many people I know have multiple PSN accounts for varying countries, it is especially noticeable in PS HOME.

As for Jail-breaking, duh, yes, bannable & suspendable, that's a given, don't do it, period.

Our Moderators are corrupt, really, dammit I knew there was something fishy about some of them, & to think I trusted them too!!!

This was necessary too.

BRIT-KO

Are you a playstation network manager?
Message 4 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31120 posts

Mar 6, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

This was necessary too.

BRIT-KO

Are you a playstation network manager?

No I am not.

BRIT-KO

Message 5 of 13 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Then i understand and respect your opinion, but please do not answer for them.
Message 6 of 13 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Hey buck, if you're seeking a Manager for an answer just PM one. It doesn't hurt to. From reading over your thread, I see it more about Home. Send a message to GlassWalls, or even Tempest_Fire. They usually read and reply back. There is also mochuuu, but he's more on the other side of the management team.

YB

Message 7 of 13 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Mar 6, 2013
That would defeat the reason i posted it publicly. And jailbreaking and region hopping pretains to playstation in general. But thank you for the idea.
Message 8 of 13 (109 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31120 posts

Mar 6, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Then i understand and respect your opinion, but please do not answer for them.

I wasn't answering for them but merely pointing out my opinion of how I see it, others will possibly do the same, whether you'll get any official response I don't know, but the suggestion above although not something you want may be your best course of action.

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 13 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Understood, i wasnt accusing you or anything just wanting an official answer to end the arguements over these subjects once and for all. I doubt i will get a response either, that is half the point of this. I dont believe the network managers know how bad OR popular these things have gotten.

P.S. the managers here are community managers not network managers.
Message 10 of 13 (92 Views)
0 Likes