Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3552 posts

Re: Deactivate PS3 From User Account ...

Jun 23, 2010
Same. I got a couple accounts that are maxed out and can't deactivate as my systems dead.

Message 41 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Jun 24, 2010

kratos1984 wrote:

i have 4 ps3s activated with my psn account, so i should have one activation left but when i log in at qriocity.com, it says "You have reached the maximum number of PlayStation 3 systems." and only 4 systems are shown. did they change it to four? i think they should add the ability to deactivate ps3's using a pc in the new "PlayStation Plus" program.

Same here, I show 4 with the "You have reached the maximim..."  I wonder if this is due to the ONE video activation in use.  It would sure be nice if it made more sense and listed the model and serial number of the PS3's so we can stand some chance of identifying them.  It only shows the date of activation and that's not much to go on, especially for FW3.15 systems that can't go on PSN and have no way to examine their activation status.

Message 42 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9110 posts

Jun 24, 2010

I just called Sony and they pretty much called me a liar lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 43 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Jun 24, 2010

SmokeNMirrors wrote:

kratos1984 wrote:

i have 4 ps3s activated with my psn account, so i should have one activation left but when i log in at qriocity.com, it says "You have reached the maximum number of PlayStation 3 systems." and only 4 systems are shown. did they change it to four? i think they should add the ability to deactivate ps3's using a pc in the new "PlayStation Plus" program.

Same here, I show 4 with the "You have reached the maximim..."  I wonder if this is due to the ONE video activation in use.  It would sure be nice if it made more sense and listed the model and serial number of the PS3's so we can stand some chance of identifying them.  It only shows the date of activation and that's not much to go on, especially for FW3.15 systems that can't go on PSN and have no way to examine their activation status.

yes, it is due to the video activation.

Message 44 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Jun 24, 2010

Yeah, I am having the same problem at the moment... I have an older 60 I use for PS2 games, an 80 in the bedroom and now a 250 in the main room... When I went to try and rent a movie it told me that I had to deactivate the other PS3... If your aloud 5 on one account I can't for the life of me figure out why they need me to deactivate the other one... it makes no sense.

Message 45 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Jun 24, 2010

huh?...... your kidding right?

gunnerheadboy wrote:

Message 46 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1071 posts

Jun 24, 2010

MrMean wrote:

Yeah, I am having the same problem at the moment... I have an older 60 I use for PS2 games, an 80 in the bedroom and now a 250 in the main room... When I went to try and rent a movie it told me that I had to deactivate the other PS3... If your aloud 5 on one account I can't for the life of me figure out why they need me to deactivate the other one... it makes no sense.

You only get ONE video activation.  A good reason to never actually buy anything from the PS Video Store.  If you want video in multiple rooms on multiple PS3's you need to use multiple PSN accounts.

Message 47 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9110 posts

Jun 24, 2010

MrMean wrote:

huh?...... your kidding right?

gunnerheadboy wrote:

The lady said "you shouldn't of shared", and she was asking me about every PS3

Message 48 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9110 posts

Jun 24, 2010

I contacted Sony by email about reaching the 5 PS3 limit and got this as a reply:

Hello (My name),

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding your PlayStation(R)Network account activation. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are unable to access download content on your PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. Your request for game deactivation has been completed and you should now be able to activate your current PS3 system.

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything further.

Regards,
Jason F.

?

Message 49 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3552 posts

Jun 24, 2010

What did you say inthe email?

Message 50 of 99 (145 Views)
0 Likes