Aug 21 2012
By: PeTROLLium First Son 1 posts

DLC Confusion....

3 replies 189 views Edited Aug 21, 2012

I'm not one for complaining about anything. Usually I can figure anything out on my own, however this is  something I have no idea how to solve.

Last month, I purchased Dead Island from GameStop. Preowned and only one minor scratch. Friggin $25 bucks which is pretty cheap for a beautiful game like this. I rushed home and  began playing the **bleep** out of it. Got to level 56 on one character and found all the collectables.  And I'm still addicted. I wanted more. So I looked into the Extras menu and saw the DLC.

Now myself being a huge trophy/achievement nut, I wanted to download the Bloodbath Arena and Ryder White story. I found out that the Ryder White DLC is an additional $10 and as far as the BloodBath arena goes, I can only assume it's free because I can't find any other way to get it. But I just couldn't figure out where to purchase/download either.

I searched online and I found some sort of forum that said "The Producers have to unlock it for you." and "You need a voucher blah blah blah that came with the game." Right there I snapped.  How can I purchase/download either of the DLC's, if this is a preowned game? It didn't come with the voucher. I have this urge to complete a game 100% before I move onto the next, which renders this impossible.

Are there any solutions? How do I get the BloodBath Arena?  HALP PLEASE? Cat Sad  Heart

If anyone knows the solution, it's the lurkers and posters in the PSN forums.

Message 1 of 4 (189 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38489 posts

Re: DLC Confusion....

Aug 21, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

This is not too dissimilar to purchasing a used game only to find the online pass used & having to spend $10.00 to be able to play online. Granted this is DLC you're referring to but it's similar.

A large number of games, especially new ones have DLC offered as freebies if purchased from a particular retailer, that DLC usually becomes available to everyone at some point in the near future, you can only hope this happens with this game for you as well.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Aug 21, 2012

The BloodBath Arena DLC is on the PSN store. You don't need KB to come and allow you to buy it Smiley Tongue

«Quote»

Dead Island: Bloodbath Arena ($9.99)
The Dead Island Bloodbath Arena invites all zombie fighters to prove themselves against wave and wave of attacking undead.
File size 794 MB

-------
PlayStation Store Update – PlayStation Blog
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/22/playstation-store-update-214/
«/Quote»

I do not own the game thus I don't know if an online pass is needed for it. Given the seamless jump into somebody's world type of game [much like Demon Souls, Dark Souls] I would think there is no need for an online pass.  Now if the add-on introduces multiplayer for Dead Island then perhaps you might need to buy an online pass. If there is such thing as an online pass for Dead Island this should show up on a Dead Island add-on PSN store search result.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
27111 posts

Aug 21, 2012

There is really no trick at all to finding DLC for Dead Island.  You start the Playstation Store App, and navigate to Add-Ons>PS3 Add-ons A-Z>A-D>Dead Island.   Both Bloodbath Arena and the Ryder White Story are right there, $9.99 each, no special code required. Some DLC may not be listed in the Extras menu of the game, but you can easily find all of the DLC available for a game by going to the Playstation Store directly.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (173 Views)
0 Likes