Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 21 2009
By: VanzBadga Wastelander 812 posts

Charging for cross game chat? how is that even possible sony!

36 replies 16 views Edited Dec 21, 2009

Sony! How is it even possible for them to charge for cross game chat! C'mon, what if I buy premium PSN service and half of my friends don't, then whats the point of having cross game chat if i cannot chat with half of my friends who dont have it... Heck what if all my friends don't buy the premium service, that means I cannot use cross game chat therfore rendering it useless, it would be stupid of sony to charge for it, they have to be high or somthing, because a feature like this should be free!

Message Edited by VanzBadga on 12-21-2009 03:33 PM
Message Edited by VanzBadga on 12-21-2009 03:34 PM
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier dies but once - Tupac Amaru Shakur 9/6/1996
Tupacs alive I just cant tell you where cuz the feds is watching
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Message 1 of 37 (16 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1933 posts

Re: Charging for cross game chat? how is that even possible sony!

Dec 21, 2009
NOTHING IS OFFICIAL, its just a survey they show off to the corporate guys and pitch the plan, there are probably several different survey plans like that.
Message 2 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Dec 22, 2009

VanzBadga wrote:

Sony! How is it even possible for them to charge for cross game chat! C'mon, what if I buy premium PSN service and half of my friends don't, then whats the point of having cross game chat if i cannot chat with half of my friends who dont have it... Heck what if all my friends don't buy the premium service, that means I cannot use cross game chat therfore rendering it useless, it would be stupid of sony to charge for it, they have to be high or somthing, because a feature like this should be free!

Message Edited by VanzBadga on 12-21-2009 03:33 PMt

Exactly why I know sony wont do this it would split to many people on the psn. 

Message 3 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 22, 2009
thats true sony would never make you pay for cross game chat..i mean cmon really?..plus yea its all hear say.
Message 4 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2052 posts

Dec 22, 2009
They`re not going to charge, if they did, I`d stick to team-chat only. I really don`t care about talking cross-game unless one of my friends are on that team.
 photo 77fc1ce2-cb52-4a96-a32f-4b687a5d219a_zps58b38293.jpg
Message 5 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Dec 22, 2009
They would be stupid to charge for cross game chat, would be alot of people u couldn't call, also don't the other system do that i thought?
Message 6 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 22, 2009
It does sound a bit weird, if the majority of your friends don't upgrade then it makes it pointless.. If there gonna incorporate CGC they should do it like LIVE, leave 1 on 1 free but charge for party chat.
And shepherds we shall be for thee, my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
Message 7 of 37 (16 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 22, 2009

dieknowmight178 wrote:
thats true sony would never make you pay for cross game chat..i mean cmon really?..plus yea its all hear say.
I wouldn't say never.The existence of the survey proves that they're obviously considering it,although whether is happens or not still remains to be seen.
Personally I think that they're considering adding it to their premium service packages because they feel that it'll serve as a very strong incentive that my urge those who could care less about the bulk of the premium packages contents into coming out of pocket just for the inclusion of XGC.  

Message 8 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Dec 22, 2009

VanzBadga wrote:

Message Edited by VanzBadga on 12-21-2009 03:33 PM

I would think that the XGC would be a standard feature with the PSN?

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 9 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 22, 2009
Woah! Calm down everybody. You make it sound like the most important issue ever. Not everything in life is free, and you guys have really gotten greedy. Sony should just have made online gaming cost in the beginning, now everybody expects all Sony additions, new features to be free, and if not. Then maadness!!! riots, city's destroyed, (i know WT*?) Do you think the implementation of cross-game voice chat and other features is gonna be costless for Sony, they have to spend time and effort and that costs money. And they still lose about $40 on every PS3 Slim sold.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/11/sony-still-loses-about-40-on-every-ps3-slim-sold/
They have to make a profit right? Well guess what. YEAH! And for all people that doesn't wanna pay for the service. Stop! Complaining. OMG! It's not like you are losing anything, everything you have now will remain free and the PS3 is already a great console that's why you chose to buy it.
Free userbarsFree userbarsFree userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 10 of 37 (16 Views)
0 Likes