Aug 23 2013
By: sidd1989 First Son 1 posts

CannotAdd Funds To My Wallet

3 replies 107 views Edited Aug 23, 2013

I got a prepaid gift card from a friend and i tried adding the money to my wallet. All the acount information is correct and working but when i finally want to add the funds, it says "cannot add funds to wallet". Everytime i try going back to add funds with the credit card, there is a screen with the money that i wanted to add before, and i cant go anywhere else. When i say continue the same message pops up "cannot add funds to wallet". 

I live in Canada if that could be an issue but i need help.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Re: CannotAdd Funds To My Wallet

Aug 23, 2013

Is this one of those Visa gift cards that can not be reloaded once you use the funds on it?  Friends and family gave me Vanilla Visa Gift cards that were one time use cards and I could not get them to work on any transaction I tried to do ONLINE not including PSN.  For some reason those one time use gift cards seem to have trouble with online purchases.  Your only option would be to physically go to GameStop or whatever the similar store would be called in Canada and buy a PSN card with the desired amount they came in amonts of $20, $50, and some others that I can not remember off hand.  If this is a reloadable card and your friend got it from the US that MIGHT be your issue.  Hope this helps at least a little sorry that I could not give you an immediate solution. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 23, 2013

ive having the same problem, ive tried adding funds with 4 different cards and i keep getting "cannot add funds to wallet". ive even chatted with 2 sony contract help people but they didnt help me one bit. im about to call sony when they open up in the morning and **bleep** on them about this issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Aug 23, 2013

The store has been down today for maintenance, I would try again in the morning. If that doesn't work speak to a representative. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/19/psn-maintenance-scheduled-for-thursday-august-22nd/

"Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-Lord Tennyson "Ulysses"

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes