Jan 09 2013
By: Show_Off First Son 1 posts

Can you use 2 or more pulse headsets at the same ?

6 replies 2754 views Edited Jan 9, 2013
I live in a condo and want to watch movies with my friends, usually ends up being late at night. Had one Complaint so far ha..... I heard you can't connect more than one of these headsets to a ps3. Am I the only one wanting a patch for this? Is there anyone that has a solution to use 2 at a time?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7 (2,754 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4833 posts

Re: Can you use 2 or more pulse headsets at the same ?

Jan 9, 2013

No you don't.

These headsets are primary for Chating during multi Player, thats why they are headset and not headphones.

If you want Game audio to multi players you never needed these. 

You buy Headphones and connect to the headphone socket of the TV. 

You use a Headphone splitter cables to link more than one 3.5mm headphones to the TV audio out..

Due to Wireless nosie interference you will not find many multi user wireless headphones set ups as they cost alot to broadcast on seperate channels to multi units... 

Message 2 of 7 (2,748 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

The Pulse Elite Edition headsets are digital, and process 7.1 surround sound.  So, there won't be any interference issues if you are using this model.  If two of them won't work via a wireless connection, just plug the additional headsets into your receiver..  The reciever should automatically downmix the surround audio for you - so you'll get perfectly usable sound.

Also, I'm pretty sure SCE does read this forum.  They may or may not respond to every single post, but they did create and continue to maintain this forum.  It's not like it's a black art, lol, so I wouldn't waste my time suggesting otherwise.

Message 3 of 7 (2,746 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4833 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The headsets don't do 7.1 sound there are only 2 speakers. They use a distortion filter to fake 7.1 like HDTVs do with there 2.1 set ups.

Even basic Wifi G is known to Stop these headsets from working correctly. So they are effected by normal every day 2.4GHz signals never mind adding a duplicate product. In the same room...

Message 4 of 7 (2,723 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 12, 2013
You only have 2 ears, lol.
Message 5 of 7 (2,713 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21732 posts

Jan 12, 2013

No.  You can only use one PS3 wireless stereo headset at a time on a single PS3.  It has nothing to do with the headsets themselves.  You could use more than one with a PC if you had the right software.  The PS3 has multiple USB ports for the adapters, but the PS3 only allows one device to be specified as the chat audio device; and only allows one headset USB adapter to be used as the audio output device in the Sound Settings.  It is a System software limitation. Not a hardware limitation.

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (2,709 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Well, the deal is, that someone wanted to use these headsets for watching movies. So, plugging them into the receiver is a viable solution, if not necessarily a wireless one. So, the limitation is overcome in that way. I'm pretty sure he's watching movies using cables right now.
Message 7 of 7 (2,701 Views)
0 Likes