Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 04 2011
By: du_ar_skitstovel First Son 7 posts

Blinking Red Light On New PS3 3D Display!?!?!?!?!

105 replies 31922 views Edited Dec 4, 2011

I am now having a horrible problem and I have spent HOURS on the phone with both PSN support and with Sony TV support.  Why in the heck did they release an item that they have NO TROUBLESHOOTING FOR in the  place.  I AM SO ANGRY.  I came home from work and just wanted to watch a little tv and I get this damn red blinking light of death, like the playstation one I guess.  The TV does not show any image at all and has done nothing now for two days.  The support teams have ONE suggestion for me, to unplug it for a while and try again, and of course it doesn't work.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION??????  I told them that they needed to send me out another unit ASAP and that I will mail them back my piece of crap that is only, what, three weeks old if that!  I really hope that they are able to do that because I AM A VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER, and the amount I have spent on my playstations in the last two years is absurd.  Had to buy a new one a few months ago, TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE 50 PRICE DROP, AND I COULDN'T EVEN GET THAT REFUNDED BACK TO ME, EVEN THOUGH I HAD PURCHASED THE SYSTEM LESS THAN TWO WEEKS EARLIER.  This is a very frustrating circumstance and Sony needs to do something fast to fix it, or else they never should have shipped out a product that they can not troubleshoot.  The $500 I spent on it would be earning me money in the back right now, instead I have a dead TV, nothing to watch, and the support team says there is nothing they can do for me until Monday!  PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 106 (31,922 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Re: Blinking Red Light On New PS3 3D Display!?!?!?!?!

Dec 4, 2011

I know you are angry and fustrated, but there is no need to double post.

Have you tried your the store where you got the display from.  It might be covered by the store's return policy.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 12, 2011

Hey... I have the same problem.

I woke up in the morning to see this horrible blinking red light....

I purcahsed this in washington and took with me all the way back to INDIA. (ASIA).

Did you find any solution for it ???

Please help if you found a solution.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 13, 2011

I have also discovered a hidden USB port (service connector). Its on the same line as the power connector but on the left side (you have to remove the clip).

Please someone help me with blinking red lights...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2011

I have the issues as well still no solution found, if anyone finds anything please most here, I really can't beleive it died all of a sudden, was working fine last sunday...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 15, 2011

I have the same issue just happened this morning. I got it on the 13th of Nov. at gamestop. I can not return it because it has been 30 days. Called PSN support was on hold for 23 minutes. Total waste of time. Rep. said they MIGHT sent me a box in 10 to 20 days to have it shipped for repair. Might?? WTF OMG The lady on the phone even said i was a victim!!!! What.... This display obviously has major problems and PSN support is nothing close to real support. Sony needs to address this ASAP or they gonna lose another customer.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 27, 2011

just had this happen to me and i think i have a possible fix turn off your display and when you power it on hold the power button and the button under it and it should work just worked for me

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 27, 2011

@ShakeziLLa181

I tried it... and it wont work.

Please can you confirm again... or can you be more specific about how many seconds to hold ? and both buttons at the same time or one after another and which HDMI input you tried ?

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 27, 2011

Ok the hdmi port I used was 1 it was the one my display was on when it went black and I got the blinking red light it also took me 3 try's for it to work the first time the screen flashed next try it was on for a bit longer and the last time it started to work as for how long to hold the power and enter well the first time I let go when the screen flashed after that I let go a little after and the last time it was 45s to a min after it had started working and as for when I started to hold the buttons down once I pressed the power i held it and pressed and held the enter button as the display turned on hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 27, 2011

ok.. one more question...

When I switch it on and hold the power button with enter button.

THIS IS WHAT I GET...

It starts with blue... then green for a couple of seconds.. then blinks red two times every two seconds.

Is this what happened to you when you held the two buttons ???

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 106 (31,922 Views)
0 Likes