Jan 11 2013
By: xXLittleDragonXx First Son 22 posts

Black Screen after Restoring File System

2 replies 122 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

Every Time i turn on my Original Fat 80GB PS3 with 2 USB ports, i get "your File System is Corrupt" i click ok, and let it do it's thing, after a longer than usual Restoring Process, all i get is a black screen with nothing, and nothing works except turning off the system, should i try buying a new Hard Drive and replacing it ? i'm looking for possible solutions, and also, Safe mode does nothing but freeze or not respond

Six Billion Cries of Agony Will Birth a New Balance,
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
27085 posts

Re: Black Screen after Restoring File System

Jan 12, 2013

Replace the hard disk drive.  That was probably the problem to begin with. If you could get into safe mode, then you should be using the Restore PS3 System option.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Black Screen after Restoring File System

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

my only issue is safe mode doesn't work after i try to select and option, it says "preparing" or something like that and does nothing at all after, also, if i get a new hard drive, are they all supposed to be the same size or does the slim ext use a different size, i'm just worried i'll buy a HDD that doesn't fit, i was planning on buying this

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-5400RPM-Internal-ST9500325AS-Bare/dp/B001R4BBL0/ref=sr_1_4?ie...

Six Billion Cries of Agony Will Birth a New Balance,
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)
0 Likes