Jan 29 2013
By: MissileDefender First Son 1 posts

Beats By Dre Wireless Headphones

8 replies 3174 views Edited Jan 29, 2013
I have recently purchased Wireless studio Beats by Dre headphones and have tried to connect them to the ps3.

They pair fine, and the play station does indeed pick up sound from the microphone on the headphones, although there is no sound coming from the ps3 to the headphones.
My SMS Audio by 50 cent headphones worked, but then again this was by connecting a Bluetooth dongle to the TV audio jack plug.

Is there a solution or are wireless headphones just not compatible with a ps3?
Message 1 of 9 (3,174 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Beats By Dre Wireless Headphones

Jan 29, 2013

I feel like I should ask this.

Is the audio input on the device from your playstation audio settings?

Message 2 of 9 (3,170 Views)
PlayStation MVP
51440 posts

Jan 29, 2013

MissileDefender wrote:
I have recently purchased Wireless studio Beats by Dre headphones and have tried to connect them to the ps3.

They pair fine, and the play station does indeed pick up sound from the microphone on the headphones, although there is no sound coming from the ps3 to the headphones.
My SMS Audio by 50 cent headphones worked, but then again this was by connecting a Bluetooth dongle to the TV audio jack plug.

Is there a solution or are wireless headphones just not compatible with a ps3?

Are they blu-tooth wireless or just wireless?

Message 3 of 9 (3,167 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
15 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Maybe because in the Beats Audios' they do not have the same audio import as the 50 cents headphones. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,156 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21764 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Bluetooth headsets can only be used for chat audio on the PS3.  You can't set the audio output device on the PS3 to a Bluetooth headset, so you won't get any game, music, or video audio through a Bluetooth headset.  Your old arrangement worked because you attached the headset to your TV.  The PS3 was sending audio to the TV, and never knew the headset was even there.

GKP
Message 5 of 9 (3,153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10079 posts

Jan 29, 2013
For the price you paid, you should have bought a pair of Astro a40's or A50's if you wanted a quality headset that could have been used for gaming as well. For gaming, these are the best on the market and can still be used for music players as well.
Message 6 of 9 (3,146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Hey guys, firstly I'd like to say that anyone who says beats are crap is a pretentious **bleep**. They are good quality headphones albeit overpriced (but your paying for the brand not quality), and anyone who's ever bought beats knows that. Secondly the issue of game audio not working is moot, Because no headset works wirelessly with a ps3 (without a base). All headsets including turtle beach, require a million wires to get the game audio as well the chat audio. The only issue with the beats is that you don't get these wires. However you don't need these cables. As most of you have probably realised the wireless headset works fine , when you connect as Bluetooth. And all you need to do to get game audio is plug the 3.5mm jack wire, that comes with the headphones into your TV (nearly all modern TVs have a 3.5mm port for headphones) and connect your ps3 via Bluetooth to the headphones at the same time.
Message 7 of 9 (1,723 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Sorry for the rant but I was just venting from a previous beats post
Message 8 of 9 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts