Nov 20 2012
By: xProZoNe First Son 7 posts

BANNED PERMANENTLY FOR RIDICULOUS REASON.

12 replies 996 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

I played black ops 2 last night just fine, and I try to log in this morning, and it says my ps3 cannot be used for playstation network.. I get **bleep** ask my brother what he did and he has no idea either!! Then later that day he got an email form sony saying he got banned for UNATHORIZED / PIRATED SOFTWARE. And then he says, the only thing he downloaded in the last 2 months for the ps3 was a free "Gangnam style" Theme from google.. So in a nutshell, Sony banned my $300 Console FOREVER because my brother downloaded a free usermade Korean pop theme, from internet. This is so frustrating and annoying seriously.....

Message 1 of 13 (996 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Re: BANNED PERMANENTLY FOR RIDICULOUS REASON.

Nov 20, 2012

I hear ya man i been ban before to but not my PS3 Sony banned me for me for Language when i only said the F word twice in one game it was a reason for me to discontinue my use of the bluetooth headset.

You will need a new PS3 SHAME.. but hey black friday is coming up soon they will be like $200 dollars or justify your reason to not be ban from PSN.

Message 2 of 13 (988 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Wow, you two are a couple of Einsteins.

Seriously?

First, lets address the last.  Yes; you will, and should, get banned for coarse language on the Network.  I am honestly surprised at how much some people get away with in the first place.  All it takes is one person to report you, or for an admin to be on at the time.  Kids play these games, and they don't need to hear the F-word, EVER.  Who cares if it was only twice, it should have been not at all.  I know some M rated games have the language built in, but it typically isn't present in the Multi Player.  

Second, lets address the first.  Gangnam Style?  Really?  REALLY?  Unofficial or not, why would anyone.... Oh never mind.  Yes; anything that is not authorized by SCEA or Sony in general, will be deemed as illegal use of the hardware.  Third parties aside, when you start loading anything made by a "fan", you are bound to introduce something unwanted into your system anyway.

Einie Laughing.jpg 

Gangnam Style?  Wow, what a way to go out.  Genius, pure genius.

Moble

Message 3 of 13 (979 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15912 posts

Nov 20, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Wow, you two are a couple of Einsteins.

Seriously?

First, lets address the last.  Yes; you will, and should, get banned for coarse language on the Network.  I am honestly surprised at how much some people get away with in the first place.  All it takes is one person to report you, or for an admin to be on at the time.  Kids play these games, and they don't need to hear the F-word, EVER.  Who cares if it was only twice, it should have been not at all.  I know some M rated games have the language built in, but it typically isn't present in the Multi Player.  

Second, lets address the first.  Gangnam Style?  Really?  REALLY?  Unofficial or not, why would anyone.... Oh never mind.  Yes; anything that is not authorized by SCEA or Sony in general, will be deemed as illegal use of the hardware.  Third parties aside, when you start loading anything made by a "fan", you are bound to introduce something unwanted into your system anyway.

Einie Laughing.jpg 

Gangnam Style?  Wow, what a way to go out.  Genius, pure genius.

Moble

To add to that;

You won't get banned using user-created PS3 themes..... Sony does not check for that, nor do they have any way to look for such. 

I've downloaded HUNDREDS of PS3 themes, including dynamic themes and as often as I am online, I have NEVER been banned.

http://www.ps3-themes.com/

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 4 of 13 (970 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
4741 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Prozone,

Your theme had nothing to do with what Moderation did.  Please contact Customer Services to get more information on this action.  They will be able to help you get to the bottom of your situation.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/contact_options

Thanks,

T_F

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 5 of 13 (951 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

Dude M games are for the Mature audiances im 20 NOT snot nose little pain in the butts most people go through these days and of course use the adults get in trouble for it my buddys play MW3 and of course hear annoying chitter chatter by little kids who ACTUALY cuss out and so we get annoyed and use the language.

Why do kids have M rated games? No clue bad parents is my guess

I enjoy violent games online and some times crud for the casual but in most games like LBP they have nothing but drama in those games i was planning to get LBP Karting but thought about the community i was like NEVER MIND!! Games like those are just terrible online even Modnation i was amazed how much people fought.. in a E rated game man

So this reasons i stay away from online connectivity on gams like those and i dont play online games i actually have that choice now its called Online Passes i simply throw em away now i rather have my fun local instead of dealing with monkeys online.

So dont say that its stupid i admi it KINDA is but we loe our minds sometimes and just cuss it out like a never ending story

And for a Theme or something 3rd PArty related like Cheating i dont see how that is a big deal Sony should allow Mod Servers and let the goody goody too shoes play fair its not a real propblem PC does it.

I can develop a theme for my PS3 out of sonys own Theme making kit thing.. they have for download and give it a name like that MAYBE i may get ban from sony its pointless.

Rules are rules and are ment to be broken "undrer my own point of view jk.. lol Elbow!! haha beleive that!! haha"

and come on we go to hav fun and people do kill our fun man not cool.

Im not a stick up for the big guys i do my thing homeboy and of course since i dont wana lose my account i need to take drastic measures to asure my but can srill play Twisted Metal online as far as that goes thats the only game i play online

Message 6 of 13 (880 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 24, 2012
so can we download from ps3-themes.com and not get our systems bnned?
Message 7 of 13 (816 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

game rating are only on game content. they obviously cannot rate everyones good or bad behavior,  the esrb is only rating whats on the disk.

online play is and its terms and usage are moderated by sony and/or game developers whos servers you play on. this is covered in that fancy mile long terms and conditions of use and online play everyone skips to get to the game.

the rating on the box has nothing to do with how much of a monkey you can act like while playing the game, it is rating what the developers put on the disk.

as far as theme go, how would they even monitor this? they cant. if you really did have nothing to do with why you where banned it may just be a case of a mistake being made and you should contact support with your concerns

Message 8 of 13 (805 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Nov 26, 2012

First of all as others have stated you cannot get banned for using a 3rd party or user created theme.  This is a personalization to YOUR PS3 and has nothing to do with PSN.  After all sony made available a tool to help you create your own themes some time ago so how could they give you the tool then ban you when you use it?  Makes no sense.  And has already been stated they have no way of monitoring what themes you download, ever.

You need to call Sony and talk to someone there to get to the bottom of it because something is up as they don't just go around banning people.

This message made with 100% recycled pixels.
Message 9 of 13 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Nov 26, 2012

If i'm not mistaken, this has been a problem once before, someone else with this Theme was Banned from their PS3... I'm not possitive, but I could have sworn someone else has been banned because of this same Theme... 

It was something to do with the Theme it's self... Or something, I dunno... Again, as everyone else says, call Sony, they can tell you exactly why your PS3 was Banned... That should straighten things up... 

On a Side Note, I really disagree with those Custom Theme websites... 

Dynamic Themes should not be allowed on those websites... 

People pay for those on the PSN, & yet you can just download them for Free off those Websites, how is that Legal? That is like Steeling... 

I know, because I own one of those so called Themes that was Free off those Sites... & yes, I got it from PSN for a Payment... That is just complete BS... 

Sony Deserves to know about those websites, & what they are doing... But at the same time, I like how we can Customize our own Themes, I also use the Theme Editor, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 13 (610 Views)
0 Likes