Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: Assassins`s creed 3 freezing

Nov 5, 2012

I've had the same problems too.  It didn't start freezing until the cinematic after you come back from the Boston Massacre. I skipped the cinematic and it worked only to freeze after completing the next mission. I reinstalled the game and it worked up until I was trying to collect the trinkets on the home stead. Then it froze every time I got near the bottom right corner.  Thinking that my save data might be the problem I erased that, Reinstalled the game again and this time it freezes every time you're about to enter the opera house at the very beginning of sequence 1. It's too bad. This game has potential to be really great but these are some serious game breaking glitches.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (3,456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Got this that might hlp some of you out there this is from  psn  support

If the game is shown on the menu of the PlayStation®3 system, please highlight the icon and press Triangle to delete it to remove any corrupted data. Next, in order to repair any corrupted data, we recommend accessing Safe Mode on your PlayStation®3 system.

You will want the standby light to be on in the front of your PlayStation 3, and the main power switch in back needs to be on. You will hold your finger on the power button in front of the system and watch the status light. It will go from red to green, and then back to red. You can now let go of the power button.

The second step is similar, but this time you will be listening for beeps. You will hold your finger on the power button and you will hear a single beep after a few seconds. You will keep holding the button and you will hear a second beep. In about five seconds you will hear a really fast double-beep, this is your cue to let go of the power button.

Once you are in Safe Mode, select Option 3 (Restore File System). This will scan the hard drive and will eliminate any corrupted data.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (3,434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 5, 2012

after all that a reinstal is required but its worth a try

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (3,433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Doesn't work. Still having freezing issues. Did anyone playtest this game?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (3,421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Same thing is happening to me every time try to load my save it freezes I've got all the updates for ps3 aswell
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (3,299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 11, 2012

This game is not playable in its current form.  Ubisoft needs to get another patch to fix these issues right away!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (3,116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I had the same issue with Assassin's Creed 3. Sign out of PlayStation Network before starting the game and see if the freezing still occurs. Doing so appears to have solved my issue. It's a temporary fix while we wait for an update.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (3,092 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 14, 2012

tried signing out of playstation network, heck I even unplugged my ethernet cable... still freezing during single player.  I exchanged the disc for a new one from Gamestop and played a few hours yesterday with only 1 crash/freeze.  Today after work its freezing again just like before....

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (3,020 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Seriously, I got the game midnight launch, & the next day it would freeze every time I got to a particular distance from the starting point in the frontier, I took it back to replace it for amother copy just in case, so I didn't have to delete the profile & reinstall everything. However, sure enough it continued to freeze, I had to delete everything, now a week later I've had my thing going & no serious problems with the exception of one freeze a few days ago, but today I've finally arrived in new york (taking my sweet this time with this play through) but I can't even get into New York cause I have to ride the horse & now it's freezing everytime again, I've nearly had it with this absolute BS, I need not things myself of spending $80 & thirty hours just to start this over again.. on single player I'm trying to rack up my fight kills for my stats & on another note the stats are out of wack, it's ridiculous how loosely put together some of this is, can anyone give any of us a legitimate answer I mean c'mon!?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (2,994 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2012

same issue here. ps3 slim, both pre and post new ps update. incredibly long install time. even froze once after a complete delete and new install...which prompted another full delete and install. traded the first disc back to target, and got the same results on the second. the best i have been able to get is the intro cutscene. i end up in a van with three other people and it gets stuck on a permanent loop, then freezes.  when i try to reset and load, i end up in an endless animus (white screen with character able to run on a fractal/mirror board...first time player of a.creed series, so not sure it the term is correct)...which freezes after a minute. tried the safe mode tip below, to no avail. offered up the 1.01v of the game, so i know it's getting those patches. out $90 (bought book) if this can't get fixed :smileysad:  any tips (other then a complete reformat...too much time wrapped up in other game saves to waste on just one game...even if it looks incredible) would be great! thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (2,965 Views)
0 Likes