May 12 2010
By: MonkeyDad1977 Gaming Beast 2358 posts

Anyone know anything about the next update?

17 replies 10 views Edited May 12, 2010

I was wondering if anyone heard any rumors about the next update.  I would really like to see built in Netflix.  I am so sick of having to put in the disc every time I want to watch a movie.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

Re: Anyone know anything about the next update?

May 12, 2010

Yea, I believe it removes the internet browser, the photo viewer, and disables backward compatibility on the Fat PS3s due to security concerns. However, it is optional. Failure to update will result in your PS3 being magically transformed into a brick (which at this rate would be infinitely more useful than the PS3). In all seriousness though, how are we supposed to know? I don't give a damn about the next update because I don't plan on updating until Sony returns the Other OS.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (10 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

May 12, 2010

How about just answering the question, instead of putting your angry crap in it first.

Legendaryphoenix
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (10 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10925 posts

May 12, 2010

i shudder to think of what the next update will contain

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
864 posts

May 12, 2010

LegendaryPhoenix wrote:

How about just answering the question, instead of putting your angry crap in it first.

Because there is no answer. Only God and the folks at Sony know what is in the update. If I get a message from God later I'll let you know what's in it because the odds are that Sony won't tell me. I'm not angry, I'm just dumbfounded by the simplemindedness of some people. How on earth are we supposed to know what is in the next update. You'd have a better chance at infultrating Fort Knox and stealing a truckload of gold bars than you would at learning what is in the next firmware update. Excuse the hyperbole, but, in all honesty, how the hell are we supposed to know when the majority of workers at Sony probably don't have a clue! All I can hope for is the return of the Other OS. Other than that, I am speculating that more features will be removed until my fat PS3 is as useless as a brick and I'll be forced to buy a slim.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

May 12, 2010

The next update might be around E3 week, don't know for sure though.  Hopefully, we get something useful than just a security update.  For all we know, it may just be a new update for the PSP.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (10 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

May 12, 2010

LesPaul518 wrote:

LegendaryPhoenix wrote:

Because there is no answer. Only God and the folks at Sony know what is in the update. If I get a message from God later I'll let you know what's in it because the odds are that Sony won't tell me. I'm not angry, I'm just dumbfounded by the simplemindedness of some people. How on earth are we supposed to know what is in the next update. You'd have a better chance at infultrating Fort Knox and stealing a truckload of gold bars than you would at learning what is in the next firmware update. Excuse the hyperbole, but, in all honesty, how the hell are we supposed to know when the majority of workers at Sony probably don't have a clue! All I can hope for is the return of the Other OS. Other than that, I am speculating that more features will be removed until my fat PS3 is as useless as a brick and I'll be forced to buy a slim.

So then is it really that hard for you to just say, we have no idea? Or something similar, and leaving it alone?

Legendaryphoenix
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (10 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5505 posts

May 13, 2010
The next major update is scheduled for a summer release. Included is full 3D support, internet video integration (Netflix, Youtube, etc.) and internet widget integration (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (10 Views)
Wastelander
864 posts

May 13, 2010

LegendaryPhoenix wrote:

LesPaul518 wrote:

LegendaryPhoenix wrote:

So then is it really that hard for you to just say, we have no idea? Or something similar, and leaving it alone?

No, it's not that easy. If he asks a ridiculous question, he better be expecting a ridiculous answer.

This is me reacting to the stupidity of the question:

This is your response to my response:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6391 posts

May 13, 2010
We obviously don't know yet but it has been a while. Even for the PSP. I am hoping these next updates for both systems will innovative, supportive, and secure.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (10 Views)
0 Likes