Mar 02 2013
By: w0nt_back_d0wn7 First Son 15 posts

ACCOUNT HACKED AND MONEY STOLEN & SONY WON'T DO ANYTHING?

15 replies 450 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

My PS 3 account was hacked into and my credit card was charged for 240.00 worth of games and addons & Sony won't do anything about it and it sucks.   They told me the hacker would be suspended and deactivated from the system, I got all my content back plus the 240.00 worth of junk the dummy charged but they will not reverse the charges. It's total BS and am looking for suggestions for other ways to get money back if people had similar problems.   They said to dispute my charges with the bank , but if the bank reverses the charges these idiots will suspend my account for non payment.    Thanks for the help Sony  . YOU SUCK

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (450 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25947 posts

Re: ACCOUNT HACKED AND MONEY STOLEN & SONY WON'T DO ANYTHING?

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

w0nt_back_d0wn7 wrote:

My PS 3 account was hacked into and my credit card was charged for 240.00 worth of games and addons & Sony won't do anything about it and it sucks.   They told me the hacker would be suspended and deactivated from the system, I got all my content back plus the 240.00 worth of junk the dummy charged but they will not reverse the charges. It's total BS and am looking for suggestions for other ways to get money back if people had similar problems.   They said to dispute my charges with the bank , but if the bank reverses the charges these idiots will suspend my account for non payment.    Thanks for the help Sony  . YOU SUCK

How was your account 'hacked' exactly, how did they gain control over it?

P.S. Please stop spamming the Forums, I understand you're 'angry' but posting 5 Threads all identical will not help your cause!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (444 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Mar 2, 2013

I have one system & purchased  subsciption to CODBlack ops season pass  and paid with my credit card , no problem.  I went to activate the new maps & it told me it was all ready activated on another system and when I went online to check there were 2 extra PS 3 accounts activated &  8 different charges on my card all on the same day.   The nice man told me that I could dispute the charges with the bank but my account would be suspended for non payment .   I play online & my son does also and we did not share our password(which is now changed) with anyone.  The security person just about called me a liar saying that my son or I had to share our password.

The deleted the scumbags account & got our content back but not before bringing it to their attention  & going through 4 different people and still get the run around

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Let me guess you work for Playstation.  Not spaming , just trying to get info out there so it does not happen to others

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (433 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25947 posts

Mar 2, 2013

w0nt_back_d0wn7 wrote:

Let me guess you work for Playstation.  Not spaming , just trying to get info out there so it does not happen to others

I am not affiliated with PlayStation in any way, I am just another PS3 user who likes using these Forums.

Your constant 'spamming' with identical content will not as I said further your arguement, sticking to the one Thread & trying to get your problem sorted out would be much better.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Thanks for the info

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: HACKERS ARE TREATED BETTER THAN GOOD CUSTOMERS

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

I'm just going to give it to you straight :smileywink:. sorry this happened though.

this is why we don't give out our login information to anyone (including family)

read the Terms of service and privacy pollcy so you know what to expect with this kind of thing

use a playstation network card (PSN card) to buy things instead of creadit cards (so in-case this happens again they'll just wipe out your ballance on your playstation network account and not your bank account money)

if you've given someone your email address that you use to login to psn with make sure you're using a strong and long password

My internet isn't the greatest so I can only play games like re5,rdr,gta4 etc with little to no lag. games like cod and bf are too much for my internet.

I'm a non competitive kind of player, this means I'll use auto aim in gta4,rdr etc. I just enjoy kicking back and just enjoy the games.

keep this in mind though, I remove people that I haven't played with in a while and that gets on my nerves

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (418 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12196 posts

Mar 2, 2013

It is also worth mentioning that you are not supposed to share your PSN password with anyone, especially not a minor.  That defeats the purpose of having sub-accounts for PSN. By doing so you violated the PSN rules, and you could be suspended just for that.  Because you did share your password, Sony won't take any responsibility for security breaches. You can't really guarantee that your son did not tell anyone your password, or leave it saved on a friend's PS3, can you? You have only his word for that yourself.  If you had created a separate sub-account for your son to use, as PSN rules require; and kept your password secret, then you would be in a better position with Sony, and this probably would not have happened at all. There are no known cases where a PSN account was compromised without any negligence on the part of the account holder; except for one incident in 2011, and Sony shut down PSN for a month, and made everyone change their password after that.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (409 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Thanks Big Daddy you got my other posts taken down just when I was getting some feedback.  No Justice no peace!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Mvp , Thanks for the lesson on the playstion rules handbook, and I never said my son was a minor.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (398 Views)
0 Likes