Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

I am having the same problems.

It's good to know others are experiencing these issue too, I thought there may have been a problem with my headset.

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Feb 9, 2012

YES< YES< YES! EXACTLY my problem! I was going to post a thread about this issue and see if it was only me, but I guess it's affecting anyone using the Wireless Stereo Headset with System Update 4.10. I was playing MW3 today, and I was talking to random people in a lobby, and I was hearing myself talk! I was like what the heck? But now, I come on to the forums, and guess what? There's already a topic about the same exact issue! I love the PS Community Forums, I hate the latest patch!

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Feb 10, 2012

We should be used to this by now...Sony has brainstorm...Sony puts out a useless update...Sony screws something up...Sony has a brainstorm...Sony fixes screw up...REPEAT

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 10, 2012

This was an update?!?!?! How stupid of them. They need to change it back to the way it was before. I hear myself talk all day, i really don't need to hear myself on the mic too. And that white noise that keep hearing is irritating the hell out of me!!! SONY CHANGE IT BACK !!!

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 10, 2012

A actually like this feature, I just hope that Sony put just a option to turn on and off, I personally hate to don't have any feedback of my own voice, just make me scream like a retard, this feature is on any decent gamer headset for PC's and many folks just want it.

Please Sony if you will do something about it, PLEASE JUST PUT AN OPTION TO TURN ON AND OFF!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Pros: last night the wife complained only once about me speaking to loud. She usually does that 4-6 times .

Cons: what you all said. The static is a pain. It picks every single sound. i can hear every single whisper in the house. Not to mention my breathing, my key presses and so on.

You know, there;s a reason I chose this product: to isolate my game sounds from the surrounding ones AND use the mic. The so called solution of turning mic off from XMB is contradictory to my buying a headset with mic...

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Feb 10, 2012

Faxiu wrote:

Pros: last night the wife complained only once about me speaking to loud. She usually does that 4-6 times .

Cons: what you all said. The static is a pain. It picks every single sound. i can hear every single whisper in the house. Not to mention my breathing, my key presses and so on.

You know, there;s a reason I chose this product: to isolate my game sounds from the surrounding ones AND use the mic. The so called solution of turning mic off from XMB is contradictory to my buying a headset with mic...

Yes this needs to be an OPTION please!

I had people I was playing with last night that love this new feature but I personally will not use my headset now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3855 posts

Feb 10, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Yes this needs to be an OPTION please!

Exactly.

This is no longer the headset I bought. I will require a full refund if this is not made an option, because as far as im concerned, sony have broken their contract of sale with us by significantly changing the item we bought after point of sale.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 10, 2012

I had a good headset w/ mic, but couldn't stand the hiss.  So, I buy the official Sony PS3 headphones - PERFECT!  Now I have TWO headsets with hiss, except the Sony is WORSE than my original. 

If Sony doesn't come out with a patch by next week, then I recommend we don't waste our time posting here.  Post a review on Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and everywhere else that sells this broken product and smash it's score.  Warn fellow gamers to stay away from this now piece of junk.  Hit Sony where it hurts - its pocketbook.  Maybe that'll make them work faster, or maybe even smarter and test their stuff before they release buggy updates.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 10, 2012

jjh42 wrote:

I had a good headset w/ mic, but couldn't stand the hiss.  So, I buy the official Sony PS3 headphones - PERFECT!  Now I have TWO headsets with hiss, except the Sony is WORSE than my original. 

If Sony doesn't come out with a patch by next week, then I recommend we don't waste our time posting here.  Post a review on Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and everywhere else that sells this broken product and smash it's score.  Warn fellow gamers to stay away from this now piece of junk.  Hit Sony where it hurts - its pocketbook.  Maybe that'll make them work faster, or maybe even smarter and test their stuff before they release buggy updates.

100% Agreed....

4.10 Update = Epic Fail

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 412 (29 Views)
0 Likes