Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
80 posts

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 8, 2012

I just sent them an email refrencing this thread, along with the issue and my comments.

I agree with you correiaemello, I can hear literally everything. I could hear my dog walking down the hallway to my livingroom on wood floors last night, and its 15+ feet away from the Mic.

Message 21 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 8, 2012

People are flooding the offical blog 4.10 post with this:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The “PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset” is bugged after “4.10 update”.

This is my hardware:
PS3 80GB MGS edition, wireless stereo headset (Sony)

Here is what i’m experiencing:
1. echoing of my voice (loudly) in my headphones
2. poor connection (static when speaking)
3. I experience this within Black Ops, World at War and Battlefield 3

Please fix this. Post directions to stop the feedback in the headphones.

Message 22 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Same problem here in France !

It's really annoying to play with it !!!

Message 23 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 9, 2012

i just called sony and the guy said there aware and should have a fix out tonight or tomorrow, and if not to call them back, im hoping thats true, but the only thing he told me we can do is to go into the settings and turn off the mic input but then you cant talk, atleast i dont have that annoying noise in my ear anymore,

Message 24 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Hello, i am also having this problem and can see that there are loads of us that have bought these to cancel the sound and be able to hear game and friends ( not yourself or anything around you) defeats the point of having noise cancelling, i refuse to use this headset until they fix this problem, i have also read that it was part of the update and if it was i can gaurentee that most people will try and get there refund.

I hope sony fix this as we DONT want to be able to hear ourslevs talk.

Message 25 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 9, 2012

^ BUMP

Just called Sony PS Support.  They are aware of the problem but the person I spoke with didn't have a timeline when a patch would be available. 

I'm having the same issues.  Anytime the mic function is enabled (multiplayer game w/ chat or voice chat through the XMB or PS Home) there is that annoying feedback where I can not only hear myself but everything other sound around me.  It's very annoying. 

I hope it's not because of posts like the following: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37255184#37255184  that we must suffer through this unwanted functionality on an otherwise great wireless stereo headset !!!

PLEASE FIX ASAP !!

Message 26 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 9, 2012

To think the flagship of Sony's headsets wasn't properly tested is atrocious. My fingers are crossed that this problem is rectified ASAP.

I can not use my headset at the moment since the static noise and whining frequencies are very headache inducing. This is before you factor in the evilness of hearing your own voice, your breathing and a boost to any ambient noises around you.

24 hours ago I still thought this headset was awesome, but now I fear further updates in the future that may set us back again.

Sony, I hope you have learned a critical lesson here.

I used to be a gamer like you all, until my headset took an arrow from Sony....

Message 27 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49576 posts

Feb 9, 2012

izike wrote:

Just updated my PS3 to 4.10 tonight noticed the official Sony Headphones for PS3 functionality has changed/broke. Previously I could not hear myself speak in the headphones, which is how I want it. Now not only can I hear myself speak both muted and unmuted, there is a tremendous amount of static in the headphones. If you go into Accessory Settings/Audio Device settings you may experience what I'm talking about. Is there any way to fix this? Super annoying change, hopefully a mistake.

I've tried shutting the PS3 off and restarting, taking the USB receiver out/in, muting, unmuting, same results. I experience the issue in both the Accessory Settings/Device Settings and in games that use the microphone (mw3), but NOT in the dashboard or games that do not use the microphone (Skyrim).

Summary-

-Static in games that use microphone, no static in games that don't, no static in dashboard

-Can hear myself speak whether muted or unmuted

-Previously could not hear myself speak prior to 4.10, which is how I want it

-Tried restarting PS3, removing USB receiver, turning off and on again

Any ideas? Thanks!

I am having the same exact problem.

To be honest it has made the headset unusable for online gaming for me.  Its not anywhere close to ideal gaming and hearing myself through my headset. 

Please make it an option to turn it off sony.

Official Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset

Playstation Model CECH-2501B

Message 28 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Yes, this is horrible. This needs to be fixed faster than ASAP.

How could this be considered a good idea, without having the option to turn it on and off.

I just want my headset the way it was prior to this update.

Message 29 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I know how all of you guys feel.  Mine  are doing the same thing.  In the dashboard they are normal, but as soon as you start a game with your mic you hear that static.  It almost sounds like a broken tape.

Message 30 of 412 (143 Views)
0 Likes