First Son
6 posts

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

I have tired all the fixes mentioned above and have found none of them work for me.  The only time the headsets work as they use to is when I am playing a game that requires zero mike input (think campaign game of Killzone3).  But when I go online to play MW3 muoltiplayer there is no way I have found to shut off the noise and voice.  I heard the PS network was down for a bit today.  Has anyone tried to use them in the last hour or so?  Current time 2:40pm central, Untied States of America.

Message 61 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I am having this issue with my PS3 an the PS3 WIRELESS STEREO HEADSET as well. I submitted a request for support, but have not hear back yet. Here is what I posted to them:

I have a SLIM PS3, a PS3 3D display, and a PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset. This have all been working GREAT together since late last year, but all of a sudden in the past two days I am hearing every single small sound through the headset via the MIC. I did just upgrade my firmware to 4.10 as it was offered to me, maybe that caused it?

As I go into the audio settings for this device I am "stuck" with a a MICROPHONE LEVEL of 3, and I cannot adjust this to a 2 or 1 to limit what I hear in my headset. I don't here this when roaming around the XMB menus, but do when I am in the AUDIO DEVICE SETTINGS screen, and when I am playing games (COD BO, COD MW3, BF3, etc.) whenever my mic is activated.

This is COMPLETELY different than how it has worked for months, and is an obvious change in behavior in the past couple days. It is completely unusable with the MIC sensitivity so high.

Message 62 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Feb 9, 2012

what they said, except theres no doubt about it, the 4.10 Update caused this. and no, turning off the mic is not an acceptable solution, as how in the h3ll do you chat then? Camera mic? it's just as sensitive! already tried. theres no fix, other then to set to Do Not Use, which is not acceptable. fix it, and please COMPLETELY test with all peripherals in the future.

Message 63 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 9, 2012

I got the email with the procedures as well.

I'd like to see this fixed by the weekend but thats wishful thinking. In the meantime, I have a $100 paperweight.

Message 64 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Having the same trouble myself... loved this headset... is there any word officially of sony getting this fixed?

Message 65 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 9, 2012

This is just a F'in Joke. I dont mind hearing myself a little bit but the static has to GO!!!!

Message 66 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 9, 2012

they said they dont have a time table but are working round the clock to solve the problem

Message 67 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Feb 9, 2012

it's only been a day or so people should calm down. imo

Message 68 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Feb 9, 2012

ummm, no. I take my gaming seriously, and want to enjoy rightfully what I paid to own. I can't now due to their update. see why people are so PO'ed now? this is something people were PO'ed about from the moment it happened, the fact it's technically been almost 2 full days since the update, and each hour that goes by is another that we could be enojying what we paid for, instead we can't unless we plan to go deaf, or want a massive migrane. imo.

Message 69 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
766 posts

Feb 9, 2012

This has to be fixed. I dislike the fact that I can hear myself and the surroundings, it just sounds bad when in quiet environment. I use to enjoy wearing these, but now I can't, the static is just too much for me. I would listen to the game volume at low to medium due to my left ear havining tinnitus, now I can't use it due to the static bothering my ear even more.. :/

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 70 of 412 (40 Views)
0 Likes