Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/04/2009
Offline
1469 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

idk i still have not tried mine after update. but im guessing i'll have the same result as everyone else.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
3855 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

If you mute yourself it goes away too...but then you can't talk to anyone but at least you can hear others that way and maybe unmute real quick if you must talk?

Thats the only workaround I really see at this point in time.....i've gone back to my wired usb headset for now.

-------------------------------------- pilgrimb.jpg

It doesnt go away on mute for me. I still hear the crackle and hiss, and my own voice whether muted or not. I have to disable the mic in audio options, a mentioned above, in order to be able to play online.

I seriously hope they revert it back.......

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48434 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

If you mute yourself it goes away too...but then you can't talk to anyone but at least you can hear others that way and maybe unmute real quick if you must talk?

Thats the only workaround I really see at this point in time.....i've gone back to my wired usb headset for now.

-------------------------------------- pilgrimb.jpg

It doesnt go away on mute for me. I still hear the crackle and hiss, and my own voice whether muted or not. I have to disable the mic in audio options, a mentioned above, in order to be able to play online.

I seriously hope they revert it back.......

Thanks for telling me that...i was assuming it would work obviously

I'll edit my other post!

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48434 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

KroMe_NInjA_ wrote:

Yes same, I have had a email from sony giving me some step by guides to try and get it working, the steps looked promising but didnt remove the mirroor of my own voice, i hope sony come up with a update soon because i need my headset.

Hope sony can fix this ASAP

What were the steps? Can you post them here please?

If you mute yourself it goes away too...but then you can't talk to anyone but at least you can hear others that way and maybe unmute real quick if you must talk?

Thats the only workaround I really see at this point in time.....i've gone back to my wired usb headset for now.

I was wrong

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

These were the step i was email by sony and they are aware of the problem

• With the wireless adaptor connected to the PS3™ system, insert a small pin or similar object into the hole for the reset button and press down for at least 1 second. The status indicator will flash repeatedly.

• On the left earpiece behind the Power/Mic Muting button, there is the reset button. Insert a small pin or similar object into the hole for the reset button on the headset and press down for at least 1 second.

• Press and hold the Power/Mic Muting button for at least 5 seconds. The blue light on the headset will begin to flash as you press and hold the button. If the headset is not connected to a PS3™ via USB cable, the light will stay blue when pairing is complete. If the headset is connected to a PS3™ via a USB cable the light will flash blue as you hold the power button and will change to red when the pairing is complete.

Let me know if this has worked for you

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

Did that post work for anyone?, beause it didnt for me but it might for you

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/24/2009
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

KroMe_NInjA_ wrote:

Did that post work for anyone?, beause it didnt for me but it might for you

Didn't try but I believe those are preventive standard procedures for any e-mail regarding an issue on a device. They tell the user to reset it to it's defaults so it's a doublcheck that the issue wasn't caused by a misconfig or some minor change into the system.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

yea i surpose, i hope the do fix this blip because is getting really annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/08/2008
Offline
1412 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

I commented about this in another thread.

To return the headset to the original way (pre firmware), go into the accessories menu on the PS3. Turn the Input to OFF / Disabled. .... keep reading.....

This will allow the PS3 Wireless headset to work just as speakers like it did before. At least you can use them for now without a mic / washed out background noise.

It doesn't help with games that you want to use mic comm's with but it's something. AGAIN this does disable the mic on the headset.

It's a sensativity issue. It's like it's set at 9 when it's clearly at 3. I am guessing it's a layered issue, hence when you can hear it almost pop when the mic gets turned on. The sound gets washed out. I even tried calibrating it for background noise and same issue.

They need to allow the mic to be adjustable instead of 3 or off after they sort this mess out.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/13/2008
Offline
22 posts
 

Re: 4.10 Update: Broke Playstation Headphone Functionality

Feb 9, 2012

R6Wraith600 wrote:

I commented about this in another thread.

To return the headset to the original way (pre firmware), go into the accessories menu on the PS3. Turn the Input to OFF / Disabled. .... keep reading.....

This will allow the PS3 Wireless headset to work just as speakers like it did before. At least you can use them for now without a mic / washed out background noise.

It doesn't help with games that you want to use mic comm's with but it's something. AGAIN this does disable the mic on the headset.

It's a sensativity issue. It's like it's set at 9 when it's clearly at 3. I am guessing it's a layered issue, hence when you can hear it almost pop when the mic gets turned on. The sound gets washed out. I even tried calibrating it for background noise and same issue.

They need to allow the mic to be adjustable instead of 3 or off after they sort this mess out.

This method doesn't work, at least on my system.

First, setting the Input to off doesn't disable the mic, it merely lowers the volume in the headset so that it's not deafening. I've tested this several times and I can still here sound coming from the mic.

Second, when I start a game (I'm using Rockband 3) the Input change is undone and the hissing and mic volume is again back to maximum. Even after quitting the game, the input setting is back to enabled.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 412 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes