First Son
2 posts

Re: 3.56 out

Jan 27, 2011

Thanks.  I've been playing LBP since it came out and I've never had this issue before. Just thought it strange that it is only happening since I did the update.  Everyone I was online with is before the update is having the same connection issues but only the ones that did the update.  Everyone else is still playing...

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 104 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 27, 2011

man, mine isnt failing out or anyting like anyone else's but its just taking a ridiculously long time to download....going like almost 2 hours and barely at 35%...i am on wi-fi, have 320 gb.....anyone else taking this long to get through...

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 104 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jan 27, 2011

smack69er wrote:

WolfOnYourAss wrote:

Nogib wrote:

Do NOT download vipdave's unofficial link!  Only download from official source here:

http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2011_0127_6e070c96e0464e993aaf9deac36608...

Don't Download From Any Other Named Link Within This, Or Any Other Thread, But this one http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/index.htm (It's Official)!!!!!!!!

......However, Sony hasn't updated the above "Official Update Page", Yet.... O_o

They haven't updated that yet it's still 3.55 and the one nogib posted is real the been using that type in in the

Unofficial Guide to Updating Your PS3™ thread and it's never been a problem to where a mod came in..

♣♦

The Realm Of AnarchY

♠♥

You have over 1,000 post (could be a good sign)... However, Your Sig makes Me think twice ...

Despite Your comment about the "Guide to updating Your PS3 thread", and Mod activity..  Do We really know what the Mods here see, and when They may see it..??.. "I surely don't know!"

So with that said; thanks, but no thanks.. Granted, You may be a trustworthy Person, and the link given by the other Person MAY be valid; however, One previously owned broken Playstation 3 is still on My mind (and that's with no mods/hacks/jb),  The PS3 is a VERY Sensitive System,  and even the slightest risk/mistake may brake it....

And, where is DUS located ?

Thanks, still!

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 104 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Jan 27, 2011

TranscendentLion wrote:

LOLZ Well the hacking community just got screwed over

The update is to stop users from running homebrew applications on their ps3's

if you google "ps3 3.56 update" a buncha forums with hackers rage-bi***ing will come up XD

we'll just have to wait and see how long it takes for the first 3.56 hack to come out....

New keys to sign homebrew apps are already out. That was a scary hour or so for those hackers :-p

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 104 (9 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Jan 27, 2011

WolfOnYourAss wrote:

Despite Your comment about the "Guide to updating Your PS3 thread", and Mod activity..  Do We really know what the Mods here see, and when They may see it..??.. "I surely don't know!"

So with that said; thanks, but no thanks.. Granted, You may be a trustworthy Person, and the link given by the other Person MAY be valid; however, One previously owned broken Playstation 3 is still on My mind (and that's with no mods/hacks/jb),  The PS3 is a VERY Sensitive System,  and even the slightest risk/mistake may brake it....

And, where is DUS located ?

Thanks, still!

Aren't you being overly crazed over something so simple? Sony doesn't update the http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/index.htm page right away after ANY fw update.  Usually takes them a day or two.  So what is so wrong about using the official link before the page gets updated?

It's like this, to check for updates your PS3 always accesses http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt which links to the latest update, in this case being

http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2011_0127_6e070c96e0464e993aaf9deac36608...

http://www.whois.net/whois/playstation.net if you doubt who owns playstation.net  Sony likely just keeps the .com and .net servers seperate for a reason (like not killing the website when everyone downloads an update).

There's really nothing to be so paranoid about.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 104 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Jan 27, 2011

How do you get the update?? Where is it rather?

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 104 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I2H
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 27, 2011

I just got the update, didn't seem to do anything about the hacks.  I tried a game of Mw2 an first game i joined was a hacked server.  This really sucks.  Us real gamers want our gaming back.!!

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 104 (9 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 27, 2011

Awesome. Both mine and my GFs updated first try, but it took like 25-30 mins for the whole thing. I Hopefully this delays the hackers at best. Did anyone read the terms? It basically addressed the jailbreak and using the PS3 for things its not meant. I seriously hate hackers.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 104 (9 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 27, 2011

manolynx wrote:

TranscendentLion wrote:

LOLZ Well the hacking community just got screwed over

The update is to stop users from running homebrew applications on their ps3's

if you google "ps3 3.56 update" a buncha forums with hackers rage-bi***ing will come up XD

we'll just have to wait and see how long it takes for the first 3.56 hack to come out....

New keys to sign homebrew apps are already out. That was a scary hour or so for those hackers :-p

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You can make the ps3 do anything, google is your friend. Firmware can brick hardware, don't believe differently, look at fw 2.40 ... As a rule of caution, wait for others to update before you do...

Lost PS3 Features I Use Due To Useless Updates: OtherOS, Backwards Compatibility (lost in newer PS3 models due to hardware updates), Minor 3rd party controller support

We have received your complaint. Thank you for contacting the FTC. Your complaint has been entered into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 104 (9 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 27, 2011

It's a waste.  That is all.  They got upset because everything can be hacked in time and so my hard drive space gets to go down just a little bit so they can block it.  I'm tired of seeing this XBox 360 Microsoft status B.S.  Yes, we understand that you don't want your crap hacked.  Yes, we understand it ruins games as it has MW2 and several others.  No, we don't care if you feel like you were touched by a priest as a child when someone hacks your software.  It happens, get over it.  That's why PSP is still around.  The Go was the biggest failure in handhelds since NGAGE and the only reason anyone still buys a PSP is because it's modable.  I'm not saying advocate piracy.  I'm saying quit making it your primary focus.  People are still buying games, Sony.  People are still playing your consoles.  It's time to get over the fact that Sony needs to start looking at the PS4 already because it's software and hardware are nearing the mark of completely outdated. 

Here's a few things Sony should be updating, and I'm hoping Sony is actually reading these blogs since it's obvious whoever decides on what to update next might be able to get an intelligent idea in there if they read this:

-INTERNET BROWSER-It's getting to the point websites aren't even fully loading anymore.  WTF.  You have the power to put in the update.  Where is it, huh?!

-SAVE GAMES- I can move my save games to my psp memory stick, but I've always wanted to save my psp save games on my ps3.

-PLAYING MUSIC IN GAME-Don't say it can't be done.  Xbox has had it from the start so it's not only possible but it's a good idea.

-TROPHY PICTURES BEING USABLE AS AVATAR PHOTOS-Seriously?  You haven't thought of this yet Sony?  Once again, don't you even try to say it isn't possible.  And let's face it, 90% of the avatars that are released are pretty dumb looking and end up going unused.

-PSP GAMES ON PS3-  Once again, don't you even try to say you cant release an update that allows a person to plug their usb cord into the PSP and be able to play a PSP UMD on the PS3. By the way this would also stop a lot of hackers from wanting to hack the PS3 since it would be such a great ability that people would even be unhacking their PSP's.  YOU WANNA INCREASE PSP GAME SALES AND STOP HACKERS?!  DO THIS AND YOU'LL NOTICE SALES SKY ROCKETING!  WHY HAVEN'T YOU THOUGHT OF THIS YET?!  I don't even have a degree in business and even I see the huge sales increase that would occur if this happened!  You took away the Other OS ability!  You can add this one!

-STOP HACKING-  I don't mean release updates.  I mean tell the online game companies to get off their lazy, paper pushing, money grubbing ***** (like activision) to maybe pay attention to how their games are being played.  I just sold my copy of MW2 and destoryed my copy of Black Ops cause I will have nothing to do with that franchise EVER again due to the fact they just let people hack the hell out of MW2 and don't even have a single person watching the servors.  This is pathetic and if you want to stop hacking tell the game companies to actually do some work after the game is made instead of just racking in the profits with overprice underdone DLC.  (AND LOCKING SAVE GAMES SO I CAN'T BACK UP MY PROGRESS ON MY MEMORY STICK INCASE MY PS3 CRASHES IS RETARDED AND MANY GAMES I WONT PLAY FOR THIS REASON INCLUDING PSN DLC GAMES!!!!  EVER WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE BUYING THEM?!!  THERE YOU GO!! )  The console only provides part of the hack, the real complaints about the hackers are the ones who are screwing with the games themselves.  Once again I don't even have a college degree in this crap and I'm able to figure it out.  Why don't you?  If it's because the companies might get butthurt over it, I say, SO WHAT?  The ones who get upset aren't the ones making the game just making the money so I consider them a spoiled child in need of a good spanking to make them realize they exist solely for the game creators to exist and we don't even need them there it's a courtesy since some of these companies have been around a long time.

-MORE APP ABILITY- Number one reason hackers hack consoles is to get them to do things that they can do that the creators don't want to happen.  So, you start creating apps to be used with the PS3 and suddenly out of nowhere you'll find people unhacking their systems just so they can play the app that allows them to create their own background or the app that allows them to create their own avatar or the app that allows them to customize view or view more video file types or play more music types or read book files on it or one of the thousand other great things that the PS3 is capable of doing but Sony isn't even looking at, apparently.

-STOP WORTHLESS UPDATES-You wanna know why some people hack their systems, Sony?  Because they decide PSN isn't worth it if they have to wait 40 minutes for some meaningless, half-done lazy little protective blanket of an update that doesn't offer a single, solutairey thing for the game player other than the realization that their PS3 now has less potential than it did before.  Everyone is against pirating that directly affects a company.  Everyone.  We want good games and good systems.  But, when in order to play on console we have to go through the equivalent of an airport security check, about useless as one too by the way, we will very quickly turn to the lesser products such as that worthless Xbox 360 just because it means we have the peace of mind of not having to deal with some crappy update meant to reinsure stockholders only and piss off the gamers in the process.  Stockholders may have the voice.  But it's the individual gamer that pays the salaries by buying the console and games and in turn is the reason that the stock is worth more than Enron's credibility.

So to summarize.  If Sony wants to stop hackers and piracy the first thing they need to do is make it more appealing not to hack or pirate.  In doing so you take away the reason for the hacker wanting to do what he does and in turn you reinforce the structure of the console and create a solid(SNAKE!!), stable consumer base willing to trust a company when occasionally they might actually need to release an update such as this one because they'll know.  'if they just did this, they must have a reason considering they always have other stuff included'.  It's common sense, Sony.  The Government seems to lack it, the DEA never had it, Xbox is still looking up the meaning of the word.  But, Sony has always been one to realize the smart path since the compact disc came around and I hope I don't have to take that compliment at a later date.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 104 (9 Views)