Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2009
By: KALI_GREENCRACK Lombax Warrior 193 posts

3.20 features request to Sony!Vote for the top5 most wanted feats. for 2010!

7 replies 12 views Edited Dec 24, 2009

Vote for your top 5 most wanted FW features for 2010! The most wanted will be shown in green on the list! Please include what number it is on the list too.

ex. (this is really my list too)

Tenkos Top 5

1. #1 Increased friends list

2. #7 More system multi-tasking 

3. #25 Playstation Apps

4. #32 More community aspects such as PSN groups 

5. #29 More unique software/programs such as the new photo gallery.

This threads missions is to continue to request features for future FW updates ahead of time so they can be added for sure. It has worked ever since FW update 2.60 or 2.70 Also, we need to link to this thread in the PS Blog post so they can see it there as well. Help this thread help YOU

Inspirational video is update for ps3 future firmware updates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKRPKioZin0

I will also be adding more videos for each feature soon. If you have anything creative you do such as making pictures or videos let me know so we can both help capture these ideas so we can see them like the above video! 

Sony, you should put Home media sharing in the next update, and more in-game music support for games. p.s, thanks for letting Killzone2 have that feature ^_^

Since the list will grow, I will create a graphic and a more organized list soon that shows how everything can co-exist with the ps3. Plus I will show what users make the biggest differances for some features. I'll go more into detail with that in the future.

1.Increased friends list
2.In game cross chat
3.browser update coming soon? (rumor its firefox)
4.appearing offline
5.Password protected XMB Profile
6.In game web browser
7.More system multi-tasking (they took away video multi-tasking)
8.more in-game music support
9. Troppy Leader boards
10.Video messaging ( has been introduced with Uncharted 2. It wont be long for that feature now.Watch this video to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG5kwtsDXfE)

11.Partner up with a company i.e. Sirius Satilite radio done since fw 3.10 (technically when U2 came out with twitter support)
12.Universal software such as Skype, VidZone, and PlayTV
13. Fixed and enhanced friends list! (fix the friends list to that the current highlighted users "badge" is only shown. Add the ability to customize our badge. Putting skins on it,trophies, a video clip message maybe, etc.) 3.10 compatible (Sony put this out in a heartbeat! Thanks guys)
14. More eyecreate software
15.Ability to view pictures in messages while in-game.
16.More avatars3.00 compatible
17.Play Create Share concept involving new software
18.More customization *EDIT* (features like having videos for the background on the xmb) 3.00 compatible
19. PSeye navigation for xmb
20. More in game video recording
21. Feedback and suggestions box (virtually suggestions and feedback you send to Sony) *starts with FW 3.10, but no suggestion feature yet; a no-go so far*
22. ability to save your messages as a draft
 23. Trophy virtual money. ( i.e  For every Platinum trophy you receive, you get $.99 in you psn wallet)
24. Ps2 EmulatorNot coming stated by Sony?
25. Playstation Apps *once listed as "homebrew support"* ( This is the way to go,anyone can make apps,send it to sony so they review it to be put in the ps apps store. Apps developed on computer are only reviewed by sony. A Sony app maker on the ps3 will already have approval by sony themselves, so anyone can publish those.)
26. Faster XMB
 27. A SOMEWHAT redesigned xmb (This will appeal to the people who dont want it to change because little stuff would be spiced up)

28. PS3 communications with Cellphones!!!!!! (gosh I want this!, not remote play, but something more if the phone doesnt support remote play like the new SE phone)*starts with a few Sony Ericsson phones Q4 2009, but no general cellphone app/feature yet*

29.More unique software/programs such as the new photo gallery. (SO there could be a video gallery or somethin done with the music section)
30. More codec support! whats up with the only mp4 crap for videos? I dont understand how about some wmv and avi support Supported apparently
31. Avatar customization.
32. More community aspects such as PSN groups (like the psn music group or somethin)  PSN chat,(dont have to type in a name, just join a room) 

33. Official PS Blog integration with PS3 under Playstation Network in the XMB. 

Be able to open the application and instantly leave a comment because I'm already logged into the PSN.

34. About me Section

A) Be able to record a short video using the Playstation Eye with Eye Create and insert it into your profile giving people the option to play it when they view your profile.

B) Be able to list your Top 5 favorite games, films, music artists

35. rep system, a rating for players conduct online.

36. More bluetooth device support (Some phones wontconnect to the ps3. We could transfer stuff with our phones, like game saves, pictures and things of that nature)

37. Alerts are more diverse (new features for alerts like sound)

38. more background downloading options ( ie. game updates)

39. Live Sony support via the PS eye! (You accept some kind of agreement, you use your ps eye to show what question you got with your ps3.)

40. Acess to the XMB while watching movies and playing PS1 or PS2 titles  (I really dont know why we cant do this now.lol)

41. PSN clans or (Playstation Extended family). I think the second one sounds cooler,lol but this would be something for your closest friends around PSN which could also extend into home. This clan tag would not appear in games.

42. Search feature function in general to the system (search "Tiesto", pics,video, & whatever is related to the search shows where you can find it. on the web and/or your ps3 files)

43. Ability to change you PSN location and PSN ID

44. Download manager (Even though I think the MAG beta kinda did this in its own way, I dont see this feature already on the ps3 now. It allows us to make sure to pick back up where a download leaves off if it stopped or got corrupted)

These are the most important features, so we dont wanna flood them with ones we dont want right now i.e. (little stuff we dont really need)
Actually, can we get a list of people who can create some work of art of video?  Maybe if we have enough people we can assign people to design how each feature should look. Right now im very busy atm and it would take to longfor me to do every feature.Btw you can make a picture or a video of the features it doesnt matter.
KALI_GREENCRACKhttp://g.bfbcs.com/963/ps3_KALI_GREENCRACK.png

Get your Portable ID!
http://g.bfbcs.com/963/ps3_KALI_GREENCRACK.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (12 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

Re: 3.20 features request to Sony!Vote for the top5 most wanted feats. for 2010!

Dec 24, 2009
Correct board?
Message Edited by HlPPE on 12-23-2009 09:34 PM
GamerIndepth.net!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Re: 3.20 features request to Sony!Vote for the top5 most wanted feats. for 2010!

Dec 24, 2009
Wrong place don't just post threads randomly.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Dec 24, 2009

How about a way to see where your friend is before going to them or at least a cancel button once the space starts loading.  I hate popping in to find them in a space I don't like and leaving right away.  I'm sure they don't like seeing the message that I arrived and then left.

Add queues for more of the minigames.

Force me into "instances" or scenes that friends are already in if I travel to a new space with out using go to.  Could get complicated to prioratize if there are two friends in different instances but I trust there could be a fairly logical solution worked out.

Net neutrality is a lie. Stop acting like an idiot when you're online.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1989 posts

Dec 24, 2009
Of the items on this list:

1. #24 PS2 Emulator ( my PS2 is dead and so is my b/c PS3, I refuse to buy a new PS2 on principle)
2. #18 More customization ( custom things are always good)
3. #3 Browser Update (it's been three years...)
4. #6 In Game Browser Support
5. #26 Faster XMB (its fast enough already, but faster is always better)
Photobucket

If you did something right..... people wont realize you've done anything at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
765 posts

Dec 24, 2009

3. browser update coming soon? (rumor its firefox)
30. More codec support! whats up with the only mp4 crap for videos? I dont understand how about some wmv and avi support Supported apparently
Plus I would like to see a messenger service including Yahoo Messenger.

Reduce your use of plastics, oil, and gas.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2797 posts

Dec 24, 2009
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Dec 24, 2009

My top 5 would be:

1.  5.Password protected XMB Profile

2.  24. Ps2 Emulator

3.  38. more background downloading options ( ie. game updates)

4.  40. Acess to the XMB while watching movies and playing PS1 or PS2 titles

5.  45. Limited Accounts 

Please add   45.  Limited accounts   For those of us with young kids and relatives.  The account would not be able to change any system settings or access anything online.  Goes along with passworded profiles.  Maybe settings could be changed for this account with the master account.

ffwrx
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (12 Views)
0 Likes