Apr 02 2009
By: gygabyte666 Lombax Warrior 141 posts

2.70 Update? -- HAHAHA April Fools....seriously where is the real one?

73 replies 8 views Edited Apr 2, 2009

Really? REALLY?! Are all of the employees at Sony zoo animals? Seriously, the latest update, 2.70 is one that I have been anticipating for a very, VERY long time now. This update was supposed to give the Xbox a run for it's money and it has FAILED horribly!!!! This is such a waste of time, space and resources. Why would you release this? After such a long, overdrawn wait I cannot believe you expect the good people of the world who put their trust, respect and most of all money into your products just for you to s*** on all over us like this. You really expected everyone to be happy with something so useless as an in-game instant messaging service? WHO IN THE HELL IS GONNA USE THAT?

I was waiting for this stupid update for such a long time solely because I was under the assumption that it would actually include the ever so useful in-game voice chatting. This was the one thing that I was happily waiting for with no questions asked. It was going to ease the blow of the economy and my current unemployment situation and you couldn't even give me that?! I assumed, like a moron, that you guys couldn't be wasting so much time for nothing, so I just shut my mouth and waited it out because I figured you were really working super hard on this to make it perfect. The really sad part is that THIS is what we got. I have never posted a single thing on this forum until now.  The massive amount of rage that has built up inside me because of this update has led me to your poor unfortunate forum. You know what? As bad and wrong as it is to say this, I hope that the **bleep**s who thought up and wrote up this stupid useless update lose their jobs. Just so they can feel as **bleep**ty as the rest of us do right now. Maybe then you idiots will finally understand why little stupid things like this are so important to us. Congratulations SONY, you've just killed a little more of my ever so dwindling respect for you as a company. This is update is just one more disappointment to write down into my blog. You seem to be forgetting that if it weren't for us, the consumers NONE of you would have a job and if you don't make us happy we will bring you down. You need to do something to prove to M$ that the PS3 is better than the 360 otherwise everyone will simply laugh at you as you fade into nothing more than a dim memory. I'm sorry to be so blunt and i'm sorry to those I have offended who actually like the update but when you've been waiting so many things to happen for so long only to have them blow up in your face, it makes you really quite miserable and angry. Nothing else seems to be going right in the world because of the economy and it makes me sick to think that not even the gaming world is safe from that misery.

To anyone and everyone else who was severly PISSED OFF by this update, please be sure to let Sony know. I'm afraid that may be the only thing that may make it change, but I could be wrong too. It seems the only thing people are motivated by now is money and if that is sadly the case then that isn't a world that I want to live in. I'm sure I am not alone. Please fix this Sony. Then we can all watch as Bill Gates and his cult of fanboys burn to the ground. It's either them or us. Too bad its really up to only Sony and M$ to decide which of them comes out on top...

-gygabyte666 (to anyone interested, please send me a message. I'm always up for new friends ^_^ ) 

-gygabyte666
Message 1 of 74 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1185 posts

Re: 2.70 Update? -- HAHAHA April Fools....seriously where is the real one?

Apr 2, 2009

I stopped reading here: "This update was supposed to give the Xbox a run for it's money and it has FAILED horribly!!!!".

Thank you for believing everything you read on the web. It makes people like me SUPER ULTRA SMART.

Message 2 of 74 (8 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Apr 2, 2009
Sony will not care if you are upset with this update.  It is your OWN damn fault that you believed all the hype.  When did Sony EVER say this was going to be the "BIG" update we were all waiting for?  Oh thats right... THEY NEVER DID.  This is what happens when everyone believes everything they read.  You throw hiss fits like this guy when you get let down. 
---
Message 3 of 74 (8 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Apr 2, 2009
Oh i'm so lucky to have such nice **bleep**S join my thread. People like you idiots are the reason nothing gets fixed or updated. You just take it all in stride and never **bleep** when something isn't around that would dramatically help out the console's fun factor. I only got excited about the update because it was something the PS3 really needed to get, not because I was blinded into believing a lie. Christ go back to bed before mommy sees that your up past bedtime you tool! Don't mock me to make yourselves feel more important. Go buy a 360 and play on that, We have enough annoying **bleep**s like you on the PS3 already, we don't need more!

-gygabyte666
Message 4 of 74 (8 Views)
Wastelander
918 posts

Apr 2, 2009

A couple facts remain, however, pessimists:

(1) Sony has been aware of the overwhelming outcry for cross-game voice chat since the PS3's launch.

(2) Sony announced they have cross-game voice chat in the works. (not for 2.70 at any time, but it was confirmed)

(3) I'm honestly still hoping 2.70 is an April Fool's joke. ;P

---------------------------------------------------------

“Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the “Install Other OS” feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases.” – Geoff Levand
Message 5 of 74 (8 Views)
Sackboy
529 posts

Apr 2, 2009
Message 6 of 74 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1358 posts

Apr 2, 2009
When the hell was all this promised? ... I dont know what made you think it was going be huge enough to give the 360 a run for its money. You were so full of hype its no wonder you are this dissapointed. You make it seem as if sony promised this update would be massive. Iam guessing all the rumors got you into the hype?
Message 7 of 74 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1273 posts

Apr 2, 2009

Well it was your fault for believing this would make the PS3 a bulletproof console.

I have alot of faith next update though. They gotta get the minors out of the way some time or another.

tineye.com (Reverse image search engine project)
Message 8 of 74 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Apr 2, 2009
Either Sony wants to give the other console a run for its money or they don't.  If they think they are at the moment then they are sadly mistaken.  This update was really a waste of time.  The only thing that I see useful is that I don't have to scroll through all of my friends to invite someone to play RSV2 but rather only through the ones online.  The rest was a waste of time.  Music equalizer?  Texting?  Really?
Message 9 of 74 (8 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Apr 2, 2009

gygabyte666 wrote:
Oh i'm so lucky to have such nice **bleep**S join my thread...

Much like the one who started the thread.
Message 10 of 74 (8 Views)