Message 14 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: whats up with SONY

Dec 25, 2002

,CNNboy wrote:

,FO94 wrote:
too many people are having this read disk problem. i wonder if it is the fault of SONY or just the user. what do u guys think?

Actually it only effects %6 of all their consoles. The reason you see so many people with the problem's here is because people with problem's tend to come here for help, hence the overwhelming feeling of problems.

Sony is at fault, there lac of concern is making the people that bought the playstation to pay more money to the same company to have it fixed. When I rent a game and put it in I expect the thing to play. I dont expect to have to send my playstation in to some company and pay to have it fixed when its there falt it is broke in the first place.

I HOLD SONY RESPONSIBLE

Message 15 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Re: 6 out of 100 is unacceptable plus it most of the time it occurs after at least one year of usage

Dec 25, 2002

If those number's are right, THAT does seems like a large number. Thank God they ALL don't come here complaining

Yeah, I can just see it: 2.4 million new users writing the same 'My PS2 doesn't work' 2.4 million times.

When I worked for a retailer selling Yamaha audio, the rep told us Yamaha's factory defect rate was less than 0.02%. I sold the stuff for almost 2 years and saw 1 defective tape deck (KX-530, I think it was) out of over $3 million (wholesale) worth of Yammy merchandise go out the door. 6% defect ratio is not only unacceptable, Sony should hang their head in shame for it. On the other hand, before I worked for this store they used to carry JVC and I was told by the owner and staff that they quit carrying it because there was a lot of stuff defective right out of the box.

Message Edited by Agrippa on 12-25-2002 03:42 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the
heir to the throne of the King of Idiots fights one on
twelve."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Re: whats up with SONY

Dec 26, 2002

I love my Sony products, I have a 53'' and a 37'' Sony TV, two Sony Discmans, one Sony CD player, one Sony Laser Disc player, one Sony mini stereo system, one PSX, and one PS2. 

The 53'' TV is fine, but when I press the volume down button on the 37" TV, it changes channel.

One Discman skips when I drop a feather on it, the other Discman shuts off if I tilt it.

The CD player is fine.

The Laser Disc Player is fine.

The CD player of the mini stereo system does not read any disc.

The PSX makes click sound and takes a long time to load unless I put it vertically.

The PS2 makes grinding noise (gzzzg, gzzzzzzg, gzzzzzzzg) when my blue bottom disc loads.

3 out of 9 Sony products that I bought works fine.  The other 6 had problems.

In conclusion, I think it's Sony's fault.  I think the problem is a lot of Sony's products are made in Malaysia or Philippins and those are the ones with problems. 

Message Edited by Llama Herder on 12-25-2002 04:40 PM

Message 17 of 17 (0 Views)
0 Likes