Jan 30 2004
By: myllow~ Monster Hunter 42 posts

what's the advantage?

2 replies 0 views Edited Jan 30, 2004
What is the advantage, if any, of hooking up the network adaptor through my computer? I have a standard dial-up internet connection, and simply connected my PS2 directly into the phone jack. But if going through my comp. will improve the performance, It's something I will definately be interested in.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Just touch the boob tube and you'll ALL be healed.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7036 posts

Re: what's the advantage?

Jan 30, 2004

,myllow wrote:
What is the advantage, if any, of hooking up the network adaptor through my computer? I have a standard dial-up internet connection, and simply connected my PS2 directly into the phone jack. But if going through my comp. will improve the performance, It's something I will definately be interested in.
Any advice will be appreciated.

,depends. If you computer has a broadband-like speed and above, it will definitely improve the performance. however, the disadvantage is that you have on the computer as well if you want to play PS2 online.

If you computer is dial-up connection only, I would suggest that it's better just to hook the network adaptor straight to the phoneline.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Re: what's the advantage?

Jan 30, 2004
I don't suggest running your PS2 through the computer at all!!  First off the best connection you will get is a straight up connection to the PS2.  When you rout the line, you end up sharing the line with your computer.  So if someone starts downloading sh1t off the net while you are playing online with your PS2, you will start to show lag!!

Lag is one of the biggest issues in online gaming for the PS2 IMO!  Please do yourself and us a favor and do not share your internet line with your PC. 

I hook my cable modem directly to my PS2 and never have any issues or issues with the games that I host!
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (0 Views)
0 Likes