Aug 16 2005
By: Pontifex~ Lombax Warrior 282 posts

good multiplayer PS2 games

13 replies 12 views Edited Aug 16, 2005
Hi, I'm trying to find some good multiplayer PS 2 games. Something I can take along to my friend's house and we can play together. cooperative and player vs. player type games welcome. So far I am having a hard time finding some.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3572 posts

Re: good multiplayer PS2 games

Aug 17, 2005

LOTR: Return of the King

Ghost Recon (the original)

Dynasty Warriors

ATV Offroad Fury

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

PSN ID: bobakadush & SOLID_SNAKE_7777
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Aug 17, 2005

,bobakadush wrote:

LOTR: Return of the King

Ghost Recon (the original)

Dynasty Warriors

ATV Offroad Fury

^^ NO NO NO ^^

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

James Bond 007: Nightfire

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2589 posts

Aug 17, 2005

Any of the timesplitters. Timesplitters FP will let you both go online together and kick some ass.

That everquest: champions series is fun too.

The gauntlet series is annother good one. Ther only thing is the one that is out now is old, so good luck finding it, but there is a new one coming out, so that should be fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
282 posts

Aug 17, 2005
is socom 2 good for 2 players? i wanted to try to stay away from the fps games on ps2 since i am used to pc games and fps is just best on that. i like all styles of games. my friend would probably like modern combat type games like socom 2.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Aug 17, 2005
Socom 2 is NOT 2 players on one PS2. It is however 16 players online. But im assuming you don't have online. But i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend TimeSplitters: Future Perfect AWESOME GAME.,
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
282 posts

Aug 17, 2005
i have broadband but i don't think the ps2 i got has the ethernet adapter. its one of the fat ps2s. the description didn't say anything about an ethernet adapter (got it from ebay)
but i would be taking this to my friend's house to play with him, so i need offline 2 player games.

so you can't play socom 2 in split screen?

any good modern combat games like that that we can play together? i'd prefer co-op games or something of a different genre since we always play fps games on our pcs and i'd like to switch it up some.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6346 posts

Aug 17, 2005
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is 3rd person and has COOP but only has 4 exclusive coop  levels. They have exclusive coop moves you can't find anywhere else. A ledge too high for you to reach ? Tell your teammate to give you a boost. A gap too big to jump ? Tell your teammate to throw you over. You can pull people over ledges. You get a knife. You can snap peoples necks. KO guards. Hang upside down on pipes. Clim pipes. Jump on people to KO them. Loads of equipment. I highly recommend it. But TIMESPLITTERS: FUTURE PERFECT I guarantee you will like (1st person) ,
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2589 posts

Aug 17, 2005

,Pontifex wrote:
i have broadband but i don't think the ps2 i got has the ethernet adapter. its one of the fat ps2s. the description didn't say anything about an ethernet adapter (got it from ebay)
but i would be taking this to my friend's house to play with him, so i need offline 2 player games.

so you can't play socom 2 in split screen?

any good modern combat games like that that we can play together? i'd prefer co-op games or something of a different genre since we always play fps games on our pcs and i'd like to switch it up some.

You can play SOCOM II on a LAN, if you had two PS2s and TVs and everything, but you'd need the Network Adapter, so that still wouldn't work.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
282 posts

Aug 17, 2005

lol, so are there any games i can play with a friend on the same playstation?

i bought ace combat 4 and dynasty warriors 4 since you can supposedly play them with at least 1 other person on the same PS2. i wanted to get ace combat 5 but no multiplayer at all, **bleep** is up with that?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (12 Views)
0 Likes