Sackboy
623 posts

RE: anyone seen Lord of the Ring????!!!!

Jan 23, 2002
Good.
The council session in Rivendale should have been much longer.
I didn't miss Tom Bombadil, but I thought they could have explained Bill the pony.
Do they ever make such things available to the public? Ten years later? Ever?

The Great Psyduck will answer all Spyro questions.
Tahitiii@hotmail.com
-- Psyduck
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
623 posts

"Make a game of it" ??? Look around! That's where it all started!!!

Jan 23, 2002
Every fantasy game you see, everywhere you look,
can trace it's roots to Bilbo and Frodo.
No one will ever be able to live up to such a legacy.
Anyone who tries should be shot on sight.

Tahitiii@hotmail.com
-- Psyduck
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
623 posts

Hello!!! Half-wit!!! It's a three-parter!!!

Jan 23, 2002
Are you saying that you didn't know it was a three-parter before you went?

Of course it had an ending.
It ended with the dissolution of the Fellowship of the Ring.
That was a big deal, if you were paying attention.
It was an internal struggle. Some might call it "brain work."
Must everything in the popular media be aimed at the bottom?
When will the smart people get to have fun?

If you didn't like the first installment, don't waste your time on the second. You won't be missed.

Tahitiii@hotmail.com
-- Psyduck
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

AYE!! But theres no dedicated game!!

Jan 23, 2002
Yeah, i get what your saying, but there is no dedicated game of the books at the minute, although the fantasy genre is more than likely based on the books words...

Youve seen the hash they makes of games based on films. Lets just hope this doesn;t happen with the legend that is Lord Of The Rings

Bastet
caroline.austin@generaldynamics.uk.com
~*The Mind Is Everything, What You Think, You Become...*~

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Thats the EDITORS CUT for you!!!!

Jan 23, 2002
Yes, the council session in Rivendale is alot longer, there is a huge sceen with the hobbits in the marshes with Bill and there is a meeting with Tom Bombadil. Aparrently this will be in the directors cut version of the LOTR's. Ivbe heard that when it comes out, this version will be between 4.5 and 7 hours long. We shall just have to wait and see!!

Bastet
caroline.austin@generaldynamics.uk.com

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Oh that's nice... (text)

Jan 23, 2002
Thanks for the poor attempt at a lession. I challenge you to any mental contest you wish. I assure you my IQ is higher than yours.

The thing you don't seem to understand (probably because of a low IQ), is this: Just because a movie is a "three parter" doesn't mean it shouldn't have closure. Look at the four Star Wars movies. Look at Indiana Jones. Look at Star Trek. Each of these movies stands on its own merit, without needing the crutch of the following movies to bring closure to the plot.

Furthermore, I will not be supporting the LotR trilogy by seeing any more of their movies. Start asking around -- there are many people out there who feel as I do (we were robbed of $7.50). An individual may not be missed, but a large group will certainly be missed.

Finally, I will reiterate my earlier point. If LotR was such a great movie, why didn't it win a SINGLE Golden Globe last Sunday? The Hollywood Foreign Press is a singular expert on movies. You can say I'm ignorant (or "not smart") all you want, but how do you explain the Hollywood Foreign Press?

The movie was simply a weak movie with excellent special effects.

Guy

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

RE: Oh that's nice... (text)

Jan 23, 2002
"Thanks for the poor attempt at a lession. I challenge you to any mental contest you wish. I assure you my IQ is higher than yours."

Firstly lets not have any insults, etc on this please...

"Just because a movie is a "three parter" doesn't mean it shouldn't have closure."

Thats the whole point though, its not really a 3 parter because it is all one book

"Furthermore, I will not be supporting the LotR trilogy by seeing any more of their movies. Start asking around -- there are many people out there who feel as I do (we were robbed of $7.50). An individual may not be missed, but a large group will certainly be missed.

Finally, I will reiterate my earlier point. If LotR was such a great movie, why didn't it win a SINGLE Golden Globe last Sunday? The Hollywood Foreign Press is a singular expert on movies. You can say I'm ignorant (or "not smart") all you want, but how do you explain the Hollywood Foreign Press?

The movie was simply a weak movie with excellent special effects."

Your opinion my love, we all have our own, its called being human. It seems here that your trying to force your points of view across as opposed to a poliet and sensible conversation, as these boards are designed to be. Please dont lecture at us...

Bastet
Caroline.austin@generaldynamics.uk.com

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes