Nov 16 2001
By: justreeses~old First Son 1 posts

Which Playstation To Buy.....HELP ME PLEASE

3 replies 2 views Edited Nov 16, 2001
I am going to purchase a used Playstation console for my 6 yr old son. I have been shopping on a well known auction site, and Half.com, but I have just realized that there are several models of Playstation, Playstation1, and something called Dual Shock System. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the difference is, OR which model number is the more recent model. I am so totally confused. Can you play the same games on all the models? I need an answer FAST since I need to order and get it in time for Christmas.

THANKS SO MUCH

Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

RE: Which Playstation To Buy.....HELP ME PLEASE

Nov 17, 2001
Okay...
there's playstation and plastation 2
playstation costs $100 (new)
playstation 2 costs $300 (new)(but it's better)

the old playstation has an old controller
the dual shock playstation has a controller with 2 joy sticks, it vibrates, and is a whole lot better than the old one

playstation 2 is the best one of all, but if you don't want to spend that much, then get playstation dual shock

BIGmouth out ;@
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

oh yeah...

Nov 17, 2001
playstation one is the same as playstation dual shock (same price, and controller) only it's three times as small so get that

BIGmouth out ;@
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

RE: Which Playstation To Buy.....HELP ME PLEASE

Nov 19, 2001
It would probably be a better investment for you if you bought the Playstation 2. There are plenty available on the well-known auction sites cheaper than you can buy them new. This is why it's smarter to buy the Playstation 2...it plays the original Playstation games along with the new games for PS2. So, you really get more use for a longer period of time with the Playstation 2. Just my two cents worth.

Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes